Votes: 80 7.8%
  • Group: $40hr or more

Votes: 78 7.6%
  • Group: Other (pelase post below)

Votes: 7 0.7%

• Total voters

Affinity

HSC
depends on what you actually do for the student..

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Well for my private tutoring with Japanese it's $25/hr and I think that's pretty reasonable seeing how good my teacher is :D

itadakimus

procrastinator
HSC
For private tutoring, I'd agree with $30/hr for a qualified tutor but probably not much more.

For group tutoring though, and once again this is dependant on quality, I wouldn't expect to pay more than $15-20/hr.

lindaguo

HSC
private $30 an hour is reasonable, depending on qualifications and how well spoken the tutor is.

For class tutoring, $30/hr is also the norm, as you get the benefit of the private materials and notes of your college, and also being taught by a proper teacher

cuppy

HSC
N/A
what would be a reasonable rate for tutoring someone in year 10 maths if the tutor is a second year uni student with no previous experience but 95/100 for 2 unit maths and 46/50 for extension 1 maths and 99 UAI?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I'd be willing to pay $15-25 an hour.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I am not willing to have a tutor from the start. But if I need to have one, I guess $30 would be a norm.

It is sad to see that there are people who cannot take tutoring due to its high prices. It's skyrocketing these days. (worse than petrol, damn it)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Petrol is a necessity though.
For some parents, tutoring is a necessity as well. My mum speaks of tutoring everyday. (like how much I need it)

robik

HSC
im currently first in my school in extension history, modern history, and economics and want to tutor next year?

what would u say is a reasonable price for an hour?

boirefish

HSC
Uni Grad
kimmeh said:
30ph is expensive for anyone. tutoring colleges charge about 20ph with qualified teachers teachnig you. If not less-Mind you this is in groups. I know a tutor (who has his own college) charges 130 ph one on one. Im guessing he's giving you more than tutoring in the hour.
Hmmm... My english tutor charges me $45/hour, but sometimes goes overtime by 5-15 minutes, and on occasions, i just let her keep the change.

She's exceptionally sophisticated in terms of probing beyond the superficial anaylsis of texts and also likes to criticise teaching methods of teachers today (and evolution of english itself). Yes, she's also good with creative writing, if you were wondering...

I rarely see celebrated tutors around for $20 :(. My old maths tutor was $50 an hour, which I left in order to pursue tutoring in a class for $45/two hours. I prefer the class.

kooltrainer

HSC
am i the only retard who charges $15 an hr and have to travel 1.5 hrs from hurstville to liverpool? and spend $10 and 1 hr photocopying materials for each lesson?

o well =T lol

Smithereens

HSC
20-25/h for ex-HSC/current uni students imo. More so if you have education qualifications.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
There are some people out there who charge like 50+ dollars for tutoring per hour. I really think that they don't have much conscience.

Well, I guess I should reword it.

If they get 40+ dollars profit out of thier tutoring per hour, they don't really have much conscience. I don't know why they would charge so much.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
You reckon it's true that:

higher price you charge, the more popular you get?

I know this guy who charged 20 dollars and he only got few. When he started raising his price up, he got more people.

????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)