coffs harbour (1 Viewer)

queeny

HSC
hey i was just wondering is anyone going to coffs harbour??? does anyone know anywhere good stay 2....... :) :)

HayleeKate

HSC
From someone who lives in Coffs:
DONT COME HERE FOR SCHOOLIES!!! The only reason coffs is on the Schoolies list is because we have a big 'Breakfree' resort. There is only one niteclub/pub worth visiting here, it doesnt really go off. Hardly anyone comes here for schoolies, except about a dozen Sydney kids who've never been here before and dont realize. Nothing will even be open except on the friday or saturday nights, you'll end up in your hotel room gettting drunk on your own.
If you arent looking for the big gold coast party scene, and still think you;d like to do coffs for schoolies as just a sort of relaxing break, Coffs is nice for a relax, great beaches, nice restaurants and stuff.
I recommend not going to the breakfree resort on the schoolies listing, its way expeni, and you'll get sushed everytime you make a sound. It's more the type of place for a mature couple or something. If youre after not too expensive, theres a bunch of nice cabins right on the beach at a couple of the caravan parks, esp. Sawtell, theyre very new and nice, and you'll be allowed to make noise and have fun here!
If you want a resort, possibly Pacific Bay, there's a whole bunch of apartment blocks for holiday letting which have been build in the last year or two. If you are still interested I can name a few nice ones, or tell you real estate agents in charge or the letting of them.

chilipepper

scentless apprentice
HSC
i live in coffs and agree with hayleekate dont come here for schoolies hey. If your partying ull be at the planto every night and u'd most likely get bored

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
HayleeKate said:
If youre after not too expensive, theres a bunch of nice cabins right on the beach at a couple of the caravan parks, esp. Sawtell, theyre very new and nice, and you'll be allowed to make noise and have fun here!
omg i go to sawtell beach caravan park every year at christmas - have for 17 years.. and i freakin hate it when people in tents (i dont mind if they are in cabins) decide to throw a party.. but hey, if its schoolies.. go for your life :) schoolies is an exception :)

and yes.. sawtell is absolutely beautiful :)

chilipepper

scentless apprentice
HSC
sawtell is hopeless for schoolies, how much partyin can u have prancin round a tent. plus u'd havta drive into coffs to go to a decent pub. bonny doon is the place, me n black man went there 2 years ago? for year 10 celebrations. heapsa 5toothed banjo pluckin in-bred yocals, it was great

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
we're goin to bonny doon...given three thumbs up by inbred holiday monthly

baker182

HSC
queeny said:
hey i was just wondering is anyone going to coffs harbour??? does anyone know anywhere good stay 2....... :) :)
ask the Bulldogs on the places to stay :p

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
lol

Dad always used to have this song he used to sing when we were going to Bonny Doon.

We're going to Bonny Doonaaaah
We're going to Bonny Dooon-

Darl!

Sorry.

*we'regoingtobon-*
______________________ Love that shit.

As for Coffs Harbour, its a nice enough place to come but its no schoolies party. Unless you're into Raves...we got us some nice ones out here.

beach_babe

HSC
hey i was wondering if anyone has ever stayed at boambee bay resort before??

HayleeKate

HSC
#1 Boambee Bay Resort.. havent been in the rooms, but have work xmas parties there, nice pool, sauna etc, not too shabby, dont know about inside rooms though.

#2 Yes, raves in Coffs, its the only nightlife, they go alright too.

#3 How much fun could you have 'prancing round in a tent' its not my idea of schoolies, but if youre into that, and dont want to go to the goldcoast it would be alright, get a bunch of your best mates and get pissed and be hooligans together, my brother did that with his mates and loved it.. if youre considering Coffs Harbour youre clearly not a big gold coast schoolies fan and would probably love it.

#4 Sawtell.. you'd have to go to town for a decent pub.. NO WAY!!! SAWTIE PUB IS THE BEST!! its not a niteclub, but its an awesome pub and gets fairly decent crowds.

Coffs for schoolies is not for everyone, and not the infamous schoolies, but if you just want to relax and hang out with your mates, then I think its great, Coffs' main industry is tourists, and our population doubles during holiday season, so it cant be all that bad. You wouldnt come here for the nitelife, and no one who lives here would stay here for schoolies, but if you're just look for some respite anda holiday, its not bad at all. We go to the city because we're used to Coffs, if you live in the city I can understand wanting something different.

Last edited:

HayleeKate

HSC
_muse_ said:
where the hell is bonny doon?!
Havent you ever seen The Castle??? Its like ulti-Aussie movie,

Bonny doon is in rural victoria or something isnt it? Pretty much the middle of no where. Just go watch the Castle...

chilipepper

scentless apprentice
HSC
damn thats unaustralian to not know about bonny doon. If there are raves on there wouldn;t be many people our age would there, all of us be elsewhere and all left would be pingin 30yr olds, not to mention the odd school teacher...

beachbabe, sounds like u like the beach, and coffs area has good ones

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
1) My mum used to go to Bonny Doon for her holidays, before the carp.

"There's the best fishing at Bonny Doon...the carp are so big they'll eat ya head!"

2) Coffs Sux. *Waves arms* NEVER, EVER, NOT EVER, ALWAYS NEVER COME HERE FOR SCHOOLIES! IT PUTS THE NIZZLE IN OLD-SHITHOLE.

3) Chillipepper, you're wise. 3 teachers from my school ping at the castle ones...hahahhah. Oh, and the school janitor's a DJ at them...a reversal if there ever was one.

beach_babe

HSC
yeah the beach is ok.i like my own pool better.
i have stayed at boambee so i know its beautiful i was just wondering if anyone else had!!
so the nightilfe isnt that good then??

Pierotte

HSC
I heard Coffs was ideal for a relaxed schoolies scene...

i.e. not thousands of people, but there ARE people, wasting away the days on the beach, taboggans??? i dunno i heard there was some stuff going on...

beach_babe

HSC
yeah thats what i sorta of want!i always go up to coffs and its so beatutiful.and we go go karting which is so much fun!!and there is so many different things to do also family friends own real estate agent up there!!

chilipepper

scentless apprentice
HSC
u own a real estate agent. enlighten me on how I purchase one of these "real estate agents". yeah if ur not a partying type, then i spose coffs would be ok forya then, theres heapsa family orientated shit to do, but cmon its not a family holiday its schoolies. schoolies is a time of forgetfulness, getting so drunk every night or 2 wasting the middays hungover by a pool. u can go to coffs when people are around any time but areya gunna be able to bust out at goldy or bali or bonny-doon??????? in future years with hundreds upon hundreds of sik and filth peeps
??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)