• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

coldplay (1 Viewer)

Farnarcle

Yeah, I was thinking about that.

There are a few things I love about Coldplay.

For one, I am one who focuses on the vocals more than anything else, being a bit of a singer myself. Coldplay's vocals are always really good, more than one sending a chill up my spine.

Another thing is they write about stuff that can be applied to many situatons, and that helps when people relate to their songs. There has been many at time when I can sit down and find a Coldplay song that really hits me.

Another, thing is that their clips are always good. They are nice and different: a very welcome change to scantily clad women and bling-bling. The two that come to mind now are 'The Scientist' and 'Yellow', for which the the singer, Chris, would have had to learn the words of the song either backwards or at double speed, so when they play the song slower or backwards his mouth fits the words. That is a feat in itself.

Lastly, I just like to say that it's nice to see someone in the music buisness who doesn't look like he's just walked out of a bodybuilding parlour. He's just a little British guy with an uneven beard. It's nice to have some recognition that you don't have to the perfect looking to make something that is so beautiful.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
My favourite is "Trouble". I need something louder and faster. Has nice lyrics.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I love Chris Martin, such an awesome voice. Their album is great, I love "Politik".

PrettyNoose

HSC
fav song on parachutes is spies or shiver or yellow
fav song on AROBTTH is probably AROBTTH or amsterdam

^___^
HSC
rush of blood to the head
clock

i'm a newb too..hehe, but these two caught my attention the most in their album

Farnarcle

Clocks
Daylight
God Put a Smile on Your Face
Green Eyes
The Scientist
Warning Sign
Yellow

is a roflcopter
HSC
i only like clocks and yellow
the scientist vid was pretty cool too but yeah
not really into them

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
they are a band that you can just line up their cds and listen to them, you dont need a favourite song, you dont need to know the words, you can just chuck them on and drift away. i have fallen asleep listening to them a few times they are just so soothing

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I love Coldplay!!

And thumbs down to everyone who whinges that "they're too depressing, meh meh mehhhh..." Booo!

how are coldplay depressing?
the lyrics on parachutes (i cant vouch for the arobtth) are sickeninly uplifting

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by BallymcBallTits
how are coldplay depressing?
the lyrics on parachutes (i cant vouch for the arobtth) are sickeninly uplifting
Exactly.
How can someone hear the lyrics "we live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do"-and make the judgement that they are depressing and that all their fans are on the brink of suicide? I'm sorry theres no pretty pictures to make the music fun for you...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I think people might mistake Coldplay as depressing because it isn't particularly upbeat or loud, and it's somewhat drowning, slow, mellow sound also doesn't help. But of course, once you actually listen to the lyrics, it's quite different.

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
Originally posted by Macccca
i have fallen asleep listening to them a few times they are just so soothing
i thought falling asleep listening to something is often attributed to it being boring :p (not that coldplay are boring, far from that...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)