coles and myer :S (1 Viewer)

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A
heys guys..so some of u might have read abt my posts on coles and myer..

well i got the job acceptance at coles :D yay...i will be doing the induction tonight! btw this is a partime time role..

as for the myer interview...im not sure if i shud go for it? i wud really love to do the myer one but the coles one is more stable...but im gona be going to their interview anyways just for the sake of knowing how a group interview works...

im not sure which one i shud take if i got accepted at myer for christmas casuals! any advice? the pay shud be about the same..mayb a bit more for christmas casual plus bonuses

p.s whats the staff discount for coles?

one more question...is the system at coles easier than the one at myer?

SipSip

HSC
N/A
congrats! =D

but next time you say you got a job, please write job offer =)

I think myer christmas casual might risk the chance of them letting you go after the christmas rush, that's what happened to a lot of my friends back in their part-time days...

I'm sure you get better deals for discounts with myer... =)

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A
my offer was only for the christmas times..so after it it really depends on the supervisor :D

HSC
I would be slightly more inclined to take the Coles offer, due to the fact that its not a christmas casual position. I have heard many times that Myer has a tendency to not keep their christmas casuals after their contract ends.

CieL

HSC
Staff discount at Coles is a measly 5%.
But it works at like Kmart, officeworks, etc..

If you're doing the induction tonight........ PLEASE make up your mind asap about which job to accept... It is seriously lame for the office when they have to pay and train someone who is just going to leave... Please bear in mind that it will cost them around $800 [to hire you and get you into the system] by the time you're on your first register training shift...

I've never used the MYER system... but they look lame... full keyboard buttons and old shit...

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
Myer usually lets go of a lot of staff. On average, I'm estimating about 70% get made redundant after the X'mas sales. If they keep you, they don't give you that many shifts either, usually about 0-3 shifts per week in non-sale periods depending on how much the manager likes you. If you're only a backup, the minimum shifts is 1 per month.
And you don't get the 15% discount card until after 3 months of employment. So that means no d/c unless they keep you after X'mas as a permanent casual.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
myer is awesome. but they usually only take young kids in during xmas holidays as casuals. i'd say coles is defs more 'stable' though. but myer gives you quite a lot of staff benefits.

greekgun

HSC
Id say myer would be alot more...interesting and easier to work at then coles. Id imagine there would be alot less rude/bitchy/bogan customers then coles. But if u go for coles, then ur chances of being employed other then sales periods are high. Coles are almost always looking for recruits, myers just need people to come in to cover there ass's during the busy periods. But i guess either job will do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)