Coles Myer Group Interviews (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Newbie said:
theres gona be a free position at myer hurstville tomrow
i stuffed up the computers :(
What were you doing playing with the computers in the first place?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
being angry makes it sound like you did want to be employed with them though and they will probably be happy they didn't employ an angry person

HSC
nope

Suvat said:
I applied over a week ago and caned the online assessment, but still haven't got an interview...

I know ppl who received an interview offer the day after they applied...

Did I screw something up?
nah u haven't, it happened to me too, i applied a week ago, they took like a whole week to reply me. and now i got a group interview on 10th nov 2004, i'm so freaked out!!! WOT DO U DO IN A 'GROUP' INTERVIEW? i heard it's harder than individual interview cuz u gotta show them that ur better than the others! and i got a individual interview too actually...so there is 30min group, 30min individual for myers. god.....wot kind of questions do they ask u?????? wot can u do to prepare for these interviews and assesssments? can someone please help >.<!!!

HSC
hey

laney said:
coles myer can get stuffed
i can't wait until they ring me up and ask if i'm still interested in the job (after 6 months of waiting) and i can tell them what i really think of their organisation, keeping people waiting, stuffing potential employees around, and also i'll tell them to shove their jobs up their asses because i have a new job at greater union instead :D
yeh, i wona apply for greater union too, is myers bad? is greater union better than myers??? coz i got group interview for myers on 10th nov 04 and i got application form for greater union tooo, wot u think i should do? wot's the pay at greater union?? which suburb u work in, i wona work at burwood

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
slow down on the posting thats 5 posts u have done in a row

cover letter - a summary of your skills and the qualities that makes you suitible for that position you are applying for.

Inducation - a paid training day (or online nowadays) where they teach you basic stuff such as company policy, their expectation of u as employee and standard procedure if something goes wrong.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
far out

firstly, a week for them to reply to you is nothing

secondly, read earlier in the thread about the group interview, they basically ask you scenarios and you just have to make sure you TALK.

thirdly, you're doing well to get an individual and group all at once, maybe they are trying to squish some people in before christmas

laney

HSC
Ms 12 said:
Yeah you can tell them that but they're not going to give a shit. Its not like they're ever going to run out of people to employ so they don't really care.
yeah i know, but it'll make *me* feel better :D

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i got another call to a coles job.. despite the fact i already have one *perplexed*

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
I've got the email asking me go to the Kmart interview, wat's the rate for Kmart? for age of 18???

When they mean 'some heavy lifting' does tat mean u will need to handle heavy stuffzz???

stace212

The heavy lifting thing generally means that you could have to lift and move some heavy things, its a possibility. Generally though, in most retail stores, there are rules where only nightfill and back dock boys do the really heavy stuff, like TV s and heavy boxes of stock. It all depends of your position, if ur on the registers, the most u'll lift will be boxes of shopping bags; if ur on the shop floor, you could need to work stock, filling a bit during the day and moving stock around; if nightfill, most of your time is taken by lifting boxes of stock off pallets or out of cages and emptying them onto the shelves.

stace212

The key things to remember in an interview are-
* Keep calm
*Talk when asked something, dont let nerves take over and babble about meaningless subjects
*The person doing the interview is just a normal person, not a monster or a total asshole or bitch
*Involve yourself in the conversation in group interviews, but dont dominate it completely, let the interviewer do that
*In hypotheticals, just use common sense. When they ask "What would you do if a customer was complaining about the lack of customer service in the store?" dont answer with "I dont know" or "Palm customer off to boss" answer with "try to calm the customer, allow them to tell you what happened to give them this view, ask the customer if they want to write out a complaint form, ask if THEY want to speak to a manager, then, if they do, call a manager or supervisor."
*Be happy! A kid sitting in the interview room looking scared shitless and pissed off at having to be there is obviously in the job only for the money and wont be a good employee... and those sort shit the interviewer to tears! Smile, laugh at jokes, even make small ones yourself. Dont be daunted if the interviewer seems like a bitch, they have lots of bad days and are on a rushed timetable.

stace212

That, and dress properley, no thongs, school uniform, jeans are ok coupled with a nice shirt, no skate shoes, heels are good if plain and casual, guys - black shoes like you'd wear at work, girls, no mini skirts, a collared blouse is good, singlet tops can be ok, they're borderline, sleeves are preffered. U get the drift.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Maybe I am just a dumbass, but don't try to do the induction with a Firewall turned on. I couldn't work out why it wasn't working, rang the help line and they couldn't help me, then finally decided to try turning that off and it worked.

So be warned ...

Scanorama

HSC
Finally I got the email today from the recuitmenjt officer asking me for anj interview at Kmart. :) I've applied for the Christmas Casual but also partime postion thoughtout the year. In the email it said the Kmart position is a Seasonal position, when the Christmas period is over, how much chance would i be able to move on to part time?

It also said on the email that weekend avaliability is a must, but how often can I get Sundays off? Thanks in advance :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)