• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Coles Myer Group Interviews (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Sweet_Lemon said:
ohoh~~coz i thought mua neighbour said she got 20+ or something...coz she's over 20...probably she is in some better position or something... :D
yeah maybe, maybe some proper employees can see if what i have heard is right though

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
I'm only 16, what are the rates for that?
I told them i'm going to work on weekends mainly so loading pay + time and half should be sweet.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
yeah can somebody show me a table of the rates etc, i wanna know how much im getting paid

also, what do you get paid for induction, that wasted 5 hrs of my life

Danoz The Great

HSC
re:

I just had the one interview, with 6 hour training afterwards.
If you're a girl and you're pretty and wear a bit of makeup, they generally put you in the Cosmetics section. They don't make it obvious so they don't get done for discrimination though :p

is a roflcopter
HSC
the rates is in the union newsletter
everyone is getting +10% soon

its
16 or lower - $8 something
17 - $10 something
18 - $11 something
19 - $13.3894/sundays at $17.8526/public holidays at $27.8947

but get this
20 and over - $17.6

wankers

Danoz The Great

HSC
16 year old wages for CML

L_RES88 said:
I'm only 16, what are the rates for that?
I told them i'm going to work on weekends mainly so loading pay + time and half should be sweet.
I've just turned 17, and when I was 16 I got about $8.48. It went up from $8.35 at the start of the year and it increased 3/4 times, so that might be what you'll get ot start, and it'll increase by the time you've been working there.
Right now I get about $9.58 i think.
Sundays are time+half, public holidays double time+half, and boxing day is triple time+half! (But with oodles of tax).

And yes all CML (Coles/Target/all other stores) pay the same and I'm pretty sure that you're all covered by the same unions. I'm with SDA but I just joined up a month ago because my Manager said I wasn't working well enough, yet at the time she was on a 6 month holiday! I was being shunted around. (Love that word...shunted :)...)

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Newbie said:
the rates is in the union newsletter
everyone is getting +10% soon

its
16 or lower - $8 something
17 - $10 something
18 - $11 something
19 - $13.3894/sundays at $17.8526/public holidays at $27.8947

but get this
20 and over - $17.6

wankers
lol serious, yo ujust have to hang out a year and you'll be getting heaps of pay, but maybe they cut your shifts as well.

so what's this about it increasing as you go. do they have a starting pay and as you get more experienced it goes up?

tractor_chic

HSC
N/A
babydoll_ said:
yeah can somebody show me a table of the rates etc, i wanna know how much im getting paid

also, what do you get paid for induction, that wasted 5 hrs of my life
i remember i got paid a shit load for the induction, but this was like 2years ago before all these group interviews, i didnt even have a proper interview it was like do a test then come back and do induction and a week of three hours a day for training that all worked to like over $200.
im 17 and get paid $8.6.... an hour @normal rate but i think its goes up heaps when u turn 18 and they make u a supervisor. i think u can get the table of rates off the award which will be in the breakroom or i think u can get it off the internet somewhere or just pick up your pay slips would probly b the easiest way to c wat your getting paid.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
dani_danoz said:
I just had the one interview, with 6 hour training afterwards.
If you're a girl and you're pretty and wear a bit of makeup, they generally put you in the Cosmetics section. They don't make it obvious so they don't get done for discrimination though :p
as long as they not put me somewhere to carry heavy stuff..hhahaha :eek:
since i am 100% sure...i won't work in the cosmo section....hehehehe

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i don't know what section i'm working in at myer, they didn't tell me.
they stuffed up my contract that they mailed out to me, sent me one for the blacktown store instead so now i have to wait for the proper one.
and they told us at the second interview that an 18 year old gets $11.10 (or something like that).
Even though all the stores are convered by the same union, different stores within the coles myer chain pay different rates... they each have their own award agreements.
and i was very pissed off on learning that myer paid less than woolies!

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
ha...i'm turning 18 after the date of my interview...ekek..(won't they get sooo pissied off...if i got the job...ekek...but still..they not paying for the wagezzz.....not the team leaderszzz...but the managerzzz...ekek)

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
I finally got the call say that I have the job , and that I Have an inducation this week :) :( .

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Just weighing in to say that I got the job at Target, bondi Junction. Just need to do induction and store orientation now ...

Congrats to all those with a job, and for those still weighting, hang in there, and don't be afraid to call/email people (I did, like 6 times).

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
Is anyone else going to the chatswood one this thursday for an induction?
someone there has been trying to ring me over the weekend and today but every time i've missed the call, should i be worried and try to avoid him or is this house keep duties like dont forget to bring bank account details?
and i turn 17 during the christmas break(late jan.) so does my pay go up or does it just stay the same because i'll only be there for a few weeks?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Hate to tell ya that $11.10 is less that Kmart too...18 year olds at Kmart get $11.48

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
iambored said:
did you think they were $20+?

no, the highest is something around $16 but that's only when people are twenty-something

It changes between stores (each store has a different SDA agreement) but they're all quite close...

I think a 21 year old casual gets something around the $17/hour mark, however they tend to get way less shifts. Adult Permanent-Part timers get around$14/hour....

Team Leaders (thats what they're called at kmart anyway) get 20% on top of their regular pay rate, thats probably where you're hearing the $20/h thing from

is a roflcopter
HSC
20% for teamleaders!?!
team leaders dont do jackshit
well at least mine doesnt
whats an old lady gona do in logistics pfft
give me 3 months i would own her in every aspect of the job

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Dear Monika,

Thank you for previously completing online assessments for Coles Myer. Due to some changes in our system we would like you to resit one of the assessments so that we can obtain more information about your work preferences. This should take no longer than 7 minutes for you to complete and we will provide you with feedback.
so i had to sit through that stupid test again with questions like 'would you rather grow a tree or sell a tree' 'would you rather play with children or file documents'
*rolls her eyes*
at least i know they are thinking of me... 2 months later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)