Coles Myer Group Interviews (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Well most of the people who got inducted with me were 21+ casuals all earning like $7.50 more an hour than I do.

Skeeta

HSC
I also have a group interview on the 2nd.

only one problem.. i'm a first year Uni student and havent received my timetable yet so i dont actually know what my availabilities are... What should i do?

*sarah*

HSC
Put down ur availability as it is now. There's a section where u can put down anything that may affect ur availability over the next yr - just write down uni.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Skeeta said:

only one problem.. i'm a first year Uni student and havent received my timetable yet so i dont actually know what my availabilities are... What should i do?
Put down ur availability as it is now. There's a section where u can put down anything that may affect ur availability over the next yr - just write down uni.

I totally didn't steal this.. lol

Skeeta

HSC
so whats the next step? Does that mean you have the job or is there individual interviews?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
it means you wait...and wait...and wait...then u might get a call for a 2nd store interview if they have vacnancies in your preferences. Then u wait...and wait...and wait.....then u might get a job. Might

>>>The above post has been researched through the countless threads on the Colesmyer recruitment process and also anecdotes from individual experiences.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Skeeta said:

You're in the same boat as me.
I'm just going to say that I am AT THE MOMENT totally free, and AT THE MOMENT I am unemployed.
I assume you're applying for part-time/casual?

G

Gavvvvvin

If you want to sound smart at the group interview, look up the different stores which fall under the coles Myer Brand and how many people they employ because they briefy ask those things.

Oh and the other question they ask is how would you best promote a sale for the confectionary aisle at some store if you were given an unlimited budget (or something similiar). So just stay stuff like make sure everythings well organised, little kids can reach products that are directed towards them, make the aisles wider to cope with extra people, have colourful signs, decorations, etc, have masocts, those footprint stickers on the ground to guide people blah blah blah . . .

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Any insight into that other hotel booking question with the little kid?

Last edited:

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Komaticom said:
Any insight into that other hotel booking question with the little kid?
add suggestions of:

-offer a better hotel room if available
-when waiting offer confectionary or something like that to the distressed customer
-apologise to the customer even tho its not yo fault
-if no room available offer alternative partner hotel elsewhere with the inclusion of free transport and a companion.
-if all fails tell them to go home and have a kitkat

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
What about asking the customer for proof of booking (a receipt or something) just in case he's sly enough to try to get free housing and kitkats?

G

Gavvvvvin

Komaticom said:
What about asking the customer for proof of booking (a receipt or something) just in case he's sly enough to try to get free housing and kitkats?
In the scenario customer has a valid receipt, and the interviewers specifically ask you not to think along those lines.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
how's the atmosphere w/ these group interviews ? is it totally serious, don't talk to the other applicants, no smiling kind of thing.. and do they ask you those questions one-on-one and ask everyone else the same, where other applicants can listen to your answer and vice versa ? (like do they put you on the spot.. make you uncomfortable, etc)

also.. do you have to stand up and ramble on stuff about yourself ?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
no it's very casual. lol serious no smiling - talk to the others as much as you want, crack jokes, whatever you like. they ask the question to the group. you don't ramble about yourself. if you don't want to talk, you don't have to for the whole time, but you also forfeit the job.

G

Gavvvvvin

Yeah try and smile and talk to the others as much as you can to show that your a social person.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
lol best to let him be koma...

yeh i just wanted to know cos i'd hate if it the group interview was conducted in a serious environment.. that would make me nervous. if it's casual, then thats cool..

oh yeah. if the questions are asked to the group, wouldn't everyone talk at once ?

Last edited:

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
Komaticom said:
Would it be recommended to draw attention to that scared-shitless timid kid in the corner so he can have his input into the group discussion? Or is it better to let him be?
let them be.. don't be sorry for them.

you're there for YOU.

if that kid has no nerves.. then think what happens if he got employed.

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
Annegelic said:
lol best to let him be koma...

yeh i just wanted to know cos i'd hate if it the group interview was conducted in a serious environment.. that would make me nervous. if it's casual, then thats cool..

oh yeah. if the questions are asked to the group, wouldn't everyone talk at once ?
no the officer dude will stand there with his clipboard.

you all take turn to answer the questions.

when its your turn to answer the question, answer it and look at others eyes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)