HSC
glad that's sorted!
at least your exams are over, mine are yet ot start

eyebrowman

HSC
how about that online induction thing?
when do we get paid for it?
our first pay packet?

cause all i got payed is the training thing at store and the 6 hrs i worked the other day...and its been 2 weeks..should i go ask em?

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
They pay you on a fornightly bassis , but it might take a while to get into your bank account , Same thing happen to me

HSC
Hi, Please Help!

I RECIEVED A LETTER FROM THE MYERS THINGO,....I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IT IS REALLY SAYING..DOES THIS MEAN I'M LIKE 'NOT CHOSEN' OR I HAVE TO WAIT LONGER??? PLEASE HELP EVERYONE, PLEASE!!! *SOB*

Dear Katherine

Thank you for your recent application with Coles Myer Limited and for your participation in our selection process.

From your application, assessment and group interview we are able to establish that you have a combination of skills and experience that makes you a suitable candidate for acceptance into the Coles Myer Talent Pool.

From this point forward we are working towards matching you to a suitable vacancy. If we do become aware of a vacancy, in most cases, the final stage of the recruitment process will be an interview directly with the relevant Manager.

Due to the volume of applications received for this program, this process may take a number of weeks however in some circumstances, where candidate preferences far outweigh the number of vacancies for a particular store, some candidates may not be selected for this next stage.

We appreciate your application and the time that you have taken to participate in our selection process and thank you for considering Coles Myer Limited as a prospective employer.

Yours sincerely,

COLES MYER RECRUITMENT

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
it means they haven't rejected you, and haven't found a suitable job for you

it also means you might not hear from them again for a few months

Happypappy

HSC
Hey Katherine my friend got that email the otherday, it means you have advanced through to the next part of the process so you'll hopefully be called for a one-on-one interview soon... unlike ME god dammit..

Ok here's my rant:

I attended the interview over 2 months ago, and received an email telling me i'd advanced through to the next part of the selection process. They said they'd contact me and that there was no need to reply to the email. So i left it. About 2 weeks ago, they sent me an email asking me to take a 'work preference' test... then that's all. Since then, I've emailed them twice. No reply yet. I hope they don't think I'm annoying... they probably don't want to employ me now. But seriously.. god they take forever! Do you think they've given up on me or are they just still processing or whatever... because near where I live there's heaps of vacancies, thats what my recruitment officer said to my friend who just went to a group interview the other day, and I'm just wondering then why it's so hard to just call me and ask me to have an interview with the manager there... wtf?! :mad:

HSC
Suvat said:
it means they haven't rejected you, and haven't found a suitable job for you

it also means you might not hear from them again for a few months
WOOOT? for a 'few' months!??!??! WHY DO THEY TAKE SO BLOODY LONG..I HATE MYERS NOW *SOB*

Scanorama

HSC
Got an email from them last Tueaday offered me a Christmas Casual position at Kmart. I accepted it even I want a permanet part time over a seasonal position, because I don't want to wait on and on anymore. I waited 1 month 9 days for this email.... The email said the store manager will arrange an interview with me within 2 weeks. Last Friday a staff rang me up and asked about my avalibility and she said the store manager will contact me within the next couple of days. Im stilling waiting for that phone call.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i'm so glad i haven't had any of the holdup everyone else seems to, maybe i'm just lucky? like, i got an email the night of my store interview welcoming me. no idea when i start though.

katherine, do you mean you're going for your Ls? don't worry, most of it is common sense. just do the online test a few times.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
Got an email from them last Tueaday offered me a Christmas Casual position at Kmart. I accepted it even I want a permanet part time over a seasonal position, because I don't want to wait on and on anymore. I waited 1 month 9 days for this email.... The email said the store manager will arrange an interview with me within 2 weeks. Last Friday a staff rang me up and asked about my avalibility and she said the store manager will contact me within the next couple of days. Im stilling waiting for that phone call.
gough - if they don't call by this friday or say next wednesday i'd give them a call. make sure you call a day when you are free the next day or two after it, i wouldn't be suprised if they get you in.

Last edited:

Scanorama

HSC
They rang! They rang! They called me up today at 10am and I will have an interview on Monday! Hopefully everything will turn out fine! :)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Okay guys, I need some serious input. I got accepted to a group interview for next Thursday, and I'm nervous as shit. :/

- Clothes. I was thinking about wearing the suit I went to the formal with.. but the colour of the suit is TEAL, is that alright?
- Resume. I'm completely screwed for this.. I've never made a resume before. A friend just said to have sections like 'Personal info', 'Previous work experience', 'Interests/Hobbies' etc... is that right?
Would I also need to attach my school report?
Also, I've been in the retail industry for about 5 years now, working in a supermarket managing sales aswell as some stock, would this give me a BIG advantage over the others?
I really really don't wanna stuff this up.. so please any help would be fantastic, thanks heaps people :(

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Clothes - Myer prefers black/white. just get some plain black and white stuff. suit is not necessary, just wear collared shirt.

Resume - it's not that hard, just gotta get the formatting done well: DETAILS, WORK EXPERIENCE, UNI, HIGH SCHOOL, INTERESTS, VOLUNTEER WORK etcetc. they will request a copy of school report, yes.

Retail Experience - definite edge.

JKD, go see my post for you in Chinese forum.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Thank you so much for replying frigid, as for your post in the Chinese forum, you said:

frigid said:
the second and final interview: basically 40 seconds to stand up in front of everyone and introduce yourself, explain why you wanna work at Myer and what have you got to offer. my tips are: sound confident, sound honest and make sure you have explain clearly why and not dodge the question. oh and dun stutter.
but isn't the final interview a one-on-one with the boss? who's 'everyone' :S
Anyway, you reckon Microsoft Publisher would be good enough for a resume?
PS Thanks again for replying, I'm as nervous as shit. :/

Collin

HSC
N/A
Also, do I include a 'referees' section in the resume? The email thing just said to 'bring the phone numbers of 2 referees to your interview' while there's also an area on your online account place where you're supposed to fill in the details of the referees or something. Maybe I'll just do everything..

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Yeah you just need the referee's numbers and contacts so that you can fill it out on the form again...

Final interview is another group one at your nominated store (E.g. Myer Chatswood, Coles Parramatta etc) where they size you up, then assign you to a department

"Everyone" means your group, just stand up, talk about yourself, why you'd be good in customer service, why you <3 Coles Myer etc

Collin

HSC
N/A
babydoll_ said:
Yeah you just need the referee's numbers and contacts so that you can fill it out on the form again...

Final interview is another group one at your nominated store (E.g. Myer Chatswood, Coles Parramatta etc) where they size you up, then assign you to a department

"Everyone" means your group, just stand up, talk about yourself, why you'd be good in customer service, why you <3 Coles Myer etc
Hi babydoll :D

With the 'talk about yourself' bit.. what kinda stuff did you say about why you wanted to work for Coles Myer and how you would be good at customer service?

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Just introduce yourself, tell them a little bit about urself and why your seeking a job with CM...
So yeh, basically wat you said... It's not a test! Be relaxed :p

theone123

blue essence
HSC
has neone got the cole myer direct number, i want to know where my sec, interview!!!!! argh.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Do I actually need to include 2 references in my resume... i.e with the referees talking about me etc. or would I only need to bring the contact numbers/details of the referees to the interview??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)