Coles Myer Group Interviews (1 Viewer)

kenny75

HSC
I had my group interview yesterday, and today they send me an email telling me to attend another group interview, by the same person.

they told me to withdraw that application and i dont have to go to another interview, does that mean i failed the group interview, or they have another email that will tell us that later

Last edited:

Carlito

HSC
This christmas recruiting sounds a bit hectic, thank god i did mine with them around easter

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
haha...

I know someone got placed in the top 2% on the online test and they sent an email saying they were unsuitable because of their test results - what the fuck is the go there?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
That's weird, because I got in the top 2% and got an interview... perhaps their answers to the weird career part of it that doesn't have a mark weren't what they were looking for or something...

that part was so weird and annoying... stuff like would you rather be a carpenter or a gardener lol...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
So how did everyone go? Mine was pretty breezy... do they ask everyone the same questions? Our two questions were about a hotel room booking and selling more confectionary lol.

How long does it take before you at least get an email saying how you did? Any ideas?

peepee

loser.
HSC
i got an invite but its for positions in the cbd area...
don't think i'm interested in working that far but i would really like a job at coles/myer...
bleh.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
braindrainedAsh said:
So how did everyone go? Mine was pretty breezy... do they ask everyone the same questions? Our two questions were about a hotel room booking and selling more confectionary lol.

How long does it take before you at least get an email saying how you did? Any ideas?
yep same.

I liked it... it was really casual... and I think it was pretty easy for them to pick out who they want. Some people just didn't talk, but eh, their loss.

ParagonAZN

HSC
N/A
i recieved an email 2 days ago and told me that they were currently matching successful applicants with the job positions and in a few weeks a job interview will be organised with a store manager.

G

Gavvvvvin

I havent heard anything back after they asked me to fax them my school report :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
they should take a couple of days to get back. i think it was a waste of time, to do that just for 2 questions

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
anyone get any replies yet? i got one saying that im appropiate for christmas or something... i hope that means i get the job and dont need to go to another interview

comfortable

HSC
yeah i had my interview 2 days ago, and they sent me an email yesterday saying:

Thank you for your recent application for the Christmas Recruitment Drive 2004 and for your participation in our selection process.

From your recent group interview and online assessment we were able to establish that you have a combination of skills and experience that makes you a suitable candidate for a casual position over the Christmas period of 2004 / 2005.

From this point forwards we are working towards matching candidates to individual stores. In most cases the following stage of process will be an interview directly with the relevant Store Manager.

Due to the volume of applications received for this program, this process may take a number of weeks however in some circumstances, where candidate preferences far outweigh the number of vacancies for a particular store, some candidates may not be selected for this next stage.

We appreciate your application and the time that you have taken to participate in our selection process and thank you for considering Coles Myer Limited as a prospective employer.

Yours sincerely,

COLES MYER LIMITED CHRISTMAS RECRUITMENT TEAM

what does that mean? did neone else get the same?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i got exactly the same thing LOL
i hope they dont eliminate me cuz i only put myers, liquorland (i dont have an rsa yet but if i get the job ill go get one) so i doubt theyll give me the job for that...and i think i put another place... kinda forgot :p officeworks i think

comfortable

HSC
omg do u know which one of the 3 options that is? i dont think its a rejection, but i dont think its an acceptance either...argh...damn ambiguity! btw i was in the same interview as u...i think...21st july 2.00pm

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I think that is an "on hold" letter....

I still haven't heard anything back from them...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i got mine 2 years ago in august 02..
... christmas casual (NSW) => now a casual(SA).. :p
so just apply other places jsut in case.. its a no.. but usualli group interviews is hard to get to...

actualli i got told by my group interviewer during the one-on-one that i was in ;) so yer i kinda cheated :D

_shygirl

HSC
Thanks for all those who helped me out by replying in this thread.. But BLEH I didn't get the job because I didn't put enough hours down. JEEz I drove all the way to bloody parramatta for it.. grrr...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
_shygirl said:
Thanks for all those who helped me out by replying in this thread.. But BLEH I didn't get the job because I didn't put enough hours down. JEEz I drove all the way to bloody parramatta for it.. grrr...
i've been warning people, this is proof. they have 1000s of people to choose from, make yourself available all the time, at many places and for many shops

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
iambored said:
i've been warning people, this is proof. they have 1000s of people to choose from, make yourself available all the time, at many places and for many shops

I agree. There were people at my interview who were only willing to work in Myer and stuff like that....They are always going to pick the people who are more flexible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)