• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Colesmyer 2004-2005 Christmas Casual Positions (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Don't stress. When you go for your group interview, they ask you to take two referee's numbers with you. Then, after the group interview, they call your referees. They call the ones whose number you gave them AT THE GROUP INTERVIEW.... so if you have changed your mind about what referees you want coles myer to ring, just make sure you have the ones you want when you go to the group interview, because those are the ones they will ring.

So don't stress...

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
score!
thanks man
ugh why cant they have a simple recruitment process.. for woolies i just had my induction and that was it.. now theres all these stages and i already know how to operate a checkout [as i have been doing so for nearly 3 years]
bleh

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
SOOOO

yesterday I was happily enjoying lunch at uni when I get a call from home telling me to call my contact thingy...

I call her and she says "would you like a job at Myer City??" of course I'm like "hell yes! OMG *dies*"... but THEN she says "3 days a week starting in September" and im like "NOOOO" cos uni is still on then... and I dont wanna work during exams... so I had to say "no, sorry uni has to come first, ill be available from mid-November onwards" and she says "ok we'll call you back around then"

i dont know whether to be happy, angry, sad or hungry

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
be happy!! you were considered and offered a job! (did you even have the one on one interview?) good on you, hopefully they will call for the christmas holidays

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
babydoll_ said:
SOOOO

yesterday I was happily enjoying lunch at uni when I get a call from home telling me to call my contact thingy...

I call her and she says "would you like a job at Myer City??" of course I'm like "hell yes! OMG *dies*"... but THEN she says "3 days a week starting in September" and im like "NOOOO" cos uni is still on then... and I dont wanna work during exams... so I had to say "no, sorry uni has to come first, ill be available from mid-November onwards" and she says "ok we'll call you back around then"

Omg I would've juss taken it! lolz

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Yeah I was thinking I should, but I have to put uni first... wanna raise my GPA significantly or I can't do Honours :(

lengstar

HSC
babydoll_ said:
SOOOO

*cries i wished they'd call me for a change

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
babydoll_ said:
Yeah I was thinking I should, but I have to put uni first... wanna raise my GPA significantly or I can't do Honours :(
Hmmm... whatever u feel is the more important I guess...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i agree with babydoll_, uni is more important, you did the right thing

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
they called me when i was over seas...will they call me back agian?...also when do they start more group interviews there is like no place left in the nsw metro thingy.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
you should call them back and say that while you were overseas they called you and you want to know what they called about.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i applied the night before last at coles, and i got an invitation to an interview yesterday :D

my 6th interview at coles.. damn i feel like a loser. Oh well.

MouNtY

i'm heaps excited aye......i did the test thing last nite...and today while i was in music, i got a message....i was singing at the time........and i was checkin my msg at the same time.....and i read the msg and yelled "OH SHIT" right into the mic in the middle of the song...and my teacher was like wtf?...lol......i just laffed my head off.......this is the first interview that i've ever been asked too........and i'm all g'd up abt it aye lol......fark, i need a life.....don't know many people that get excited wen they get asked for an interview

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
lol well congratulations. And i think i got that excited when i got my first interview. Actually i was that excited when i got my first 3 jobs. though i still haven't heard back from them after getting the on hold letter. almost 2 months now...

kenny75

HSC
I went to the 2nd interview at Kmart Chatswood this morning, and few hrs later they called back and tell me to go pick up an information pack in a few days. does that mean I got the job? or there are more stages to go?

MouNtY

damn that sux real bad......does that mean that even if i pass the interview thing i might not even end up gettig a job?.....oh yeah, are the other stages after the group interview part as well?

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
you go to the group interview, and you either pass that or you don't. After that you have an individual interview with one of the managers from a store if they want you. However, after the group interview stage, you still might not get a job if they have too many applicants for the one store etc.

cos i had my group interview start of july, next day i got the on hold letter... hmmm.. if you look back through this thread i'm pretty sure there's an example of the on hold letter. or maybe it's in the other coles myer thread. Anyway, they say they'll be in touch in the next few weeks if there's a position for you. It depends a lot on your store availability.. if you're available more places you've got more chance of getting in.

MouNtY

this sux so much ass....i was real excited abt this interview thing.....and then i started reading throught these threads and now i know that even if i do pass this group interview thing i still might not get a job........this is friggin depressing

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
sorry :(
but i guess it's better to find out now than if you didn't get it...
if i don't get the coles one, i'll apply somewhere else. Simple. Heaps of companies need Christmas recruits. Just go hand out your resume.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)