"Collect past papers" (1 Viewer)

The Professor

HSC
Hello, all!

Ever since the beginning of year 11, my teachers have been pestering me to collect past papers.
Now, i have a few folders full of past papers from various schools and such.
The things is, printing all these would be ... horrendous.

Should I just buy one of those books that have past papers from 2000-2013 and such?
Or collect as i am now, and print them all during the holidays?

Thanks,
The Professor

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
What subject is this for? If you print them, you can have 2 "pages" on 1 page, so you save paper. It's easier to work with paper. I tend to print all my past papers out anyway.

You can also buy books with past papers, but they're HSC only. They don't include trials from other schools.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You don't have to print them all in one go-just print them as you do them-there is no point printing out all the papers if you risk losing it... and buying past HSC paper books does not conflict with your own past paper collections, there is actually nothing wrong from doing past papers just using the files on your laptop, like a PDF, but even if you print it-just make sure you don't print it too small that you have trouble in reading the text and above all-make sure you keep them somewhere safe-don't want to be losing them and reprinting them

Maybe just print out the most important/difficult ones first...

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Can you print them at school? That's what I've been doing... have a electronic copy of each one & then just print them out at school instead... cheaper that way...!

The Professor

HSC
@rumbleroar
Yeah, I'm just going to follow your footsteps and print all my past papers.
Why buy the books when you can print them yourself right?

@strawberrye
All my teachers preferred me printing them all myself.
I guess so they can physically mark them? I'll probably just end up printing them all in bulk and storing them in a folder in my room.

@DanS
WHY DID I NOT THINK ABOUT PRINTING THEM AT SCHOOL!?
DAMMNIT

THANKS GUYS.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Print them. I actually borrowed the past paper book to look at the answers given.

However, by printing them, you can use pencil, rub out the answers and redo them again.

That's what I did so I could do each Chemistry paper twice, some three times.

madharris

HSC
N/A
However, by printing them, you can use pencil, rub out the answers and redo them again.

That's what I did so I could do each Chemistry paper twice, some three times.
With past papers, I just filled them in on the PDF or just used some spare paper to write down the answers.
It's pretty much exactly the same thing, except you don't have to rub out your answers and you don't have to use as much paper

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
With past papers, I just filled them in on the PDF or just used some spare paper to write down the answers.
It's pretty much exactly the same thing, except you don't have to rub out your answers and you don't have to use as much paper
Yeah that's true.

However, I was always writing way too much for Physics and Chemistry and I needed to use the past-papers as they indicated to me how long my answer should be, and noting to me whether something I did was wrong or not.

For maths though, I had 2 192 page A4 8mm lined books that were completely filled up. Dat 4U spam.

BlugyBlug

HSC
I printed mine at officeworks. IIRC it's quite cheap and you can also ask for the papers to be bound together for an extra price since most papers are too thick for staples.

Alternatively, print so that 4 or 6 "pages" fit on a single A4 sheet.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
IMO invest in a laser printer, much more efficient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)