• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Combatting Housing Commission Crime! (1 Viewer)

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
JaredR said:
I used to enjoy walking home at 3am in the morning with my iPod blaring and not having to worry about being mugged. I used to enjoy walking through parklands with my iPod blaring, laptop bag over shoulder and sending an SMS.

I still do it, but I'm a little more cautious with this increase in anti-social behaviour. I don't think me, my family or the other rate-paying residents (especially given that we pay some of the highest council rates in all of Sydney) should be subject to this anti-social behaviour from people who pay little or no tax, receive our tax and live in properties that would be worth so much more if privately sold!

We paid and continue to pay good money to live where we live, and we shouldn't be burdened by those who were placed here because no where else could house them.
I'm throwing neutrality out the window here.

Yes that's exactly right. Because middle-class members of society don't have members of the family doing THAT sort of nonsense.
Mixing these 'housing commission' filth with good paying members of society such as yourself that fit within your narrow societal norms and were brought up in a great home and everything. Terrible!

Never mind housing commissioners have to pass an eligibility test meaning they are so strained for money and trying to find employment that they must wait 2+ years on a list so they don't become homeless with sometimes a family to care for as well.

Such a burdern to yourself & society they must be. Plenty of people who just live in the damn houses without causing any trouble are spat on just for living there. Somehow its their fault that they have to live in public housing?
Not everyone has the same opportunities as everyone else. Next you'll be attacking the homeless for being a burden for society; because they can just choose to find a house and live in it.

The government cut the public tenants list from 95,000 in 1999 to about 45,000 in 2007; they're trying to do all they can about it.

Let's all go for a 3AM Middle-Class Conservative Private-Owning Property Walk protest!

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Patar,

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're saying that because they're financially burdened they should receive a pardon for grafitting private property, cars, houses, street signs, bus stops and should be allowed to assault and rob from people walking down the street?

I understand that some sections of society live honestly within housing commission, but there are a great number that abuse their position to further hurt the tax payers who pay largely for their housing - grafitting public property costs us in tax dollars.

I will never support youth whom have chosen to continue on their parents' legacy through instead of going to school (We do have public high schools nearby) resort to tactics of violence, crime and intimidation on otherwise loyal and abiding citizens of my suburb and this nation.

They should not be privileged to live in a suburb where residents otherwise pay on average 1.4 million dollars.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
No, I didn't say that at all - it's just the way you're saying it, like they're just dirt on your shoe. Shouldn't be privileged enough? Wtf is that? As well say that people who don't study hard don't deserve to live in your privileged 1.4 million average suburb?

You've got a strict label on people who live in public housing as out to deliberately embark on a quest to destroy your neighbourhood, but in the majority of cases that isn't true at all.

Send them to youth detention centres where they can be rehabilitated as productive members of our society - now that's tax money better spent!
One would think that tax money pays for everything, the way you say it. Housing commissioners are put in medium density suburbia to provide an incentive to work harder.

Anyway, I'd rather not continue this, let's just round everyone who shouldn't be 'privileged' enough to live up to your standard and put them in the middle of Australia where they clearly can't be supported.

Last edited:

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A
aMUSEd1977 said:
Oh sorry, how dare we mix the poor people in with the superior class of Hunter's Hill. How dare the NSW do that.

Would you like a tissue?
Well actually fuck that.
I remember they tried to do that in Subiaco in Perth. If I were to pay $1mill+ for a house in Subiaco, I sure as shit wouldn't want them to build a housing commission complex in my street.

If you don't think that there is a link between areas of high density housing (such as housing comission areas) and crime (which is always associated with high levels of unemployment) you're delusional.

Fact is I think they have the right to say fuck off to a housing commission development if their suburb is an otherwise fairly affluent suburb. Yeah it's dividing the population by social class but so what, some have shit and others don't.

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A
Never mind housing commissioners have to pass an eligibility test meaning they are so strained for money and trying to find employment that they must wait 2+ years on a list so they don't become homeless with sometimes a family to care for as well.
Oh the poor babies! I have as much sympathy for them as I do for idiots who mortage themselves beyond their means so they can have the McMansion, only to find themselves destitute 18 months later. If people weren't useless and didn't have delusions of grandeur they wouldn't find themselves in that situation.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
banco55 said:
I think housing commission blocks on prime land should be sold off because:

B)If they are on valuable land you could sell it and build more housing commission units futher out.
This is the first time you've ever said anything which resembled being right in my books. The only problem with Housing Commission is there is not enough of it and the waiting lists are too big, especially for people looking for affordable accomodation nearby to a railway station or in the city.

However, by selling off all housing commision blocks on Prime Land (at fair prices, including priviliges being offered to the former HC DoH tenants.) Many more of these houses can be built in places more suitale in terms of expenses and such.

It works out for everybody.

Also OP: Your snobbery is worthy of a beat-down. Fortunately for you, the internet gives you a place to be a prick without social consequences. ;) ie; Me giving you a beat-down.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
chicky_pie said:
lol rehab won't help, not giving them the dole would make them realise they have to...work hard for the money :)
:eek:
You're so stupid it's cute.

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A
Sup Sam04u, are you a year younger than me or the same? Primed for our 21st?

We can have it on a housing commission site (im thinking dubbo) and rip the floor boards up for a bonfire. True story. They'll come and fix it the next day.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Besodeiah said:
Sup Sam04u, are you a year younger than me or the same? Primed for our 21st?

We can have it on a housing commission site (im thinking dubbo) and rip the floor boards up for a bonfire. True story. They'll come and fix it the next day.
According to your profile you're a year older than I am. But somehow I get the feeling you're somebody else.

As to your proposition. I'd much rather not. But you know what we could do. Break into some rich peoples vacation homes (I'm thinking a beach house) and rip the floor boards up for a bonfire. True story. The insurance company will come and fix it the next day.

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
According to your profile you're a year older than I am. But somehow I get the feeling you're somebody else.

As to your proposition. I'd much rather not. But you know what we could do. Break into some rich peoples vacation homes (I'm thinking a beach house) and rip the floor boards up for a bonfire. True story. The insurance company will come and fix it the next day.
Nah see that is just shit. So what if you can afford to have a beach front property that you never use.

Doesn't mean useless unemployed arseholes can use parts of their government funded accomodation as a fuel for their boozefests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)