Combined med usyd. (1 Viewer)

Mdzabakly

HSC
ok so i know that getting 99.95 will guarantee u a spot, what is the lowest atar you should be getting or gpa, or gamsat score? thanks :)

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
ok so i know that getting 99.95 will guarantee u a spot, what is the lowest atar you should be getting or gpa, or gamsat score? thanks :)
It won't. You need to sit an interview in order to prove adequate communication, professionalism and dedication. GPA/GAMSAT don't matter for combined medicine. The only prerequisite for being invited to the interview is an ATAR of 99.95.

Dylanamali

HSC
Yeah the combined medicine program is only assigned to those who achieve 99.95 + interview.
However - the graduate medicine program at Sydney, which is essentially the same thing, does require GAMSAT/GPA.
The GPA is merely a hurdle and I think a GPA of 5.5 is the threshold. The GAMSAT score and the Interview thus carry the weighting and thus a competitive GAMSAT score is said to be around 65.

such_such

HSC
just get 99.95 and dont act like a psychopath and ur sweet.
Would you just need to answer every question they give to you and be polite? Or would you need a secret weapon to make yourself 'shine'?

enoilgam

HSC
Would you just need to answer every question they give to you and be polite? Or would you need a secret weapon to make yourself 'shine'?
From what I have heard, the med interview for 99.95ers at Usyd is just a formality.

starshine02

HSC
I think your secret weapon is shown in your atar anyways. just be polite and it should be alright.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
From what I have heard, the med interview for 99.95ers at Usyd is just a formality.
Don't downplay it. The vast majority of us get in because the vast majority of us are excellent communicators. I know of a few (rather cool) people who failed the interview.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i think its 99.6 if you're combining it with music

enoilgam

HSC
Don't downplay it. The vast majority of us get in because the vast majority of us are excellent communicators. I know of a few (rather cool) people who failed the interview.
Merely repeating what I have heard - I dont know whether or not its true.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
i have heard this also and makes a lot of sense as theres about 30 places for the combined med degree with approximately 50 people getting 99.95 (iirc). however, a lot of the competition is eliminated due to the fact that many choose UNSW for the shorter course.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
i have heard this also and makes a lot of sense as theres about 30 places for the combined med degree with approximately 50 people getting 99.95 (iirc). however, a lot of the competition is eliminated due to the fact that many choose UNSW for the shorter course.
And a lot of 99.95'ers go for Combined Law too, so that probably leaves about 35 wanting to do Med.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
By 'many' if you mean 1-2/30++, then yes.

chevlr

HSC
You could always go to Univeristy of Melbourne, their cut-off for guaranteed entry is only 99.90 ;) => I'm annoyed I only found that out after I did UAC, because apparently it comes with a 20k scholarship for the undergraduate part of the degree, though that might be a lie...

enoilgam

HSC
And a lot of 99.95'ers go for Combined Law too, so that probably leaves about 35 wanting to do Med.
You would also lose a few more who go for other degrees (Comm (Adv Science), engineering etc) and those who go to UWS for the 5 year degree. The music entry (99.5) would add a few more applicants though, but still overall the pool would be quite small, so I guess they really couldnt afford to be as selective as most other med programs.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)