• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Commerce/Adv Science - What can I do with this? (1 Viewer)

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
hey ND. which is the best valuation subject in acst? im thinking of doing the one corresponding to ct 5 - contingencies (life and super modelling)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Commerce Major in Marketing + Science is a good combination. As long as you major in medical science/health units in science. Ultimately you would probably aim for Pharmaceutical companies and such.

Major in Psychology with Commerce wouldnt be too bad either. However, Marketing + Psych is a bit odd because the aim for both majors are quite the same, whereas having a science background knowledge would be advantageous depending on the field of work.

ND

HSC
CT5 corresponds to ACST255 and ACST355 at mac. I've done only the former, and that's the only valuations subject i've done so far. I was in the first class to have done it, and the course was pretty straight forward (for an ACST subject). The material isn't too boring either. I've looked through some of the material for ACST355 and it seems much the same, it's just an extension of 255 (e.g. joint lives and other complications).

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
You think this would be appropiate for corp fin? cz to me it's just generalised cashflow modelling

ND

HSC
Nah i wouldn't think it would be directly applicable to corp fin, it's pretty much all life table stuff.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
i think they use markov models later. what about mortgage securitisation?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
i think u mean a certain class of them

cos lots of the ones at the grass roots were actualli nurses... as with any marketing there is a level of sex appeal too.. lots of them were female.. :rolleyes:

for radiology ... i recall it was a radiographer + radiologist team from GE trying to close AUD $1.5 million in sales for the new scanners... sooo much sucking up..

tho the medical doctors have credibililty.. and move through the ranks faster
they just dun do the pen handing out stuff... i mean for 100k ud expect a more stimulating job than handing out pens and pamphlets

tats soooo true :)
yeah, its always nurse drug reps educating nurses, and doctor drug reps educating doctors

ND

HSC
I don't think that there are any markov models in CT5. Don't think it covers securitisation either. It's pretty much just life policy reserves and the like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)