Commerce camp??? (1 Viewer)

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
hey m123

theres plenty of clubs and societies u can join that'll present u with great opportunities to meet ppl

i guess it depends on what sort of ppl ur interested in meeting

haha im a member of shangsoc committee

u dont have to be shang to join shangsoc theres plenty of ppl even in the committees who arent shang we're a friendly bunch of ppl and nobody really cares if u r or not shang... plus the events we're organising this yr are mostly orgnaised jointly with csa, hkss and tsa, so u'll get to meet ppl from other parts of mainland china, hong kong and taiwan... basically the entire chinese student community at unsw

a lil abt shangsoc membership

its 10dollars yearly membership fee

we are organising a host of events this year most of them jointly with csa, hkss and tsa like dance party, cruise, ball, beauty pageant (which is going to be so cool.. haha), sports comps, karaoke comps and mahjong comps, bcos these events are all jointly held, they'll be on a huge scale with four clubs organising it

u also get over 60 businesses who offer our members discounts big names like greenbox, viva, pheonix, y2k cafe, tea inn, mornng glory plus a whole lot of others all offering 5-20% discounts, theres a lot of restaurants and clothing stores in market city, sussex st, goulburn st, kingsford,etc

plus also because moshii is one of our sponsors u get a free moshii membership which is normally worth 10dollars, u are then entitled to abt 25 discounts from their sponsors like TeleChoice, 3G, narita jap restaurant, viva, plus alot of others, plus for every member u refer to them u get 4dollars back, and 3.60 for every member those u referred refer

so its pretty good deal for 10dollars

we have a stall in oweek opposite the esport/red centre

so if u are interested drop by and have a look and one of our friendly committee members'll tell u more if u wish

also we'll be having a free bbq in week 2

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
beauty pageant and mahjong comp !!!!

OMG! I feel so lucky tat I joined shangsoc lol.

But shangs play mahjong differently from Taiwan and HK, even the things are called differently.

Bah can't wait !

lizbon

HSC
do u get a membership card when u join shangsoc? cos i joined in orientation wk and i didnt get one.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
lizbon said:
do u get a membership card when u join shangsoc? cos i joined in orientation wk and i didnt get one.
LOL
do you feel special in shangsoc?

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
shangs are special for an all together other reason.....

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
yups u do

in fact u get two membership cards
one from us and one from moshii

we're in the process of mailing the cards out to you atm

you'll probably receive it in your mailbox maybe early to mid next week...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Why haven't I been approached yet to join the clubz...? LoL

Wow mahjong comp, what do you win in that...?
And what rulez do you play anyway...?

is a roflcopter
HSC
me and ruk are going into the beauty pageant :D!

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
ANYWAY... about the camp. I still haven't paid but i still wanna go. The little table in the quad doesn't seem to be there anymore. So where and who do i pay to?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
LOL commerce doesn't open on fridays and so the comsoc people don't work on fridays
i think they will be there by monday :)

B

Bambul

In past years the table is there from 12:00-2:00 each day, sometimes for extended hours if there is extra demand. You can also pop into the ComSoc office (John Goodsell LG17) and if you're lucky you may be able to buy a ticket from there - although usually they will tell you to go to the Quad stall.

amime

i went to the quad today and i don't see the stalls ~ anyone know anything about it?! when whther we can still buy tickets?

lizbon

HSC
the quad store is open on tuesdays and thursdays only (i think), when i bought my ticket last thursday they said they still had 40 places left so i wouldnt worry that much.

powieyower

HSC
And more importantly, are there alcoholic beverages?

And if so will they be subsidised like law camp?

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
lizbon said:
the quad store is open on tuesdays and thursdays only (i think), when i bought my ticket last thursday they said they still had 40 places left so i wouldnt worry that much.
na, i saw it open today around 2 (wed)..

lol, why does it have to be on a weekend.. I've got stuff to do on saturdays!

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
i finally paid the deposit today with my friends. i'm soooo looking forward to it. haven't been camping since yr 11!
they probably put it on friday-sunday so that commerce students don't miss out on uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)