Commerce vs. Economics combined with Advanced Science (1 Viewer)

kwu1

HSC
Hi there,

I was just wondering (seeing as UAC preferences close at the end of the month), what are the differences between taking a degree in economics as opposed to commerce?

+ What jobs are associated with each degree.

Thanks

madharris

HSC
N/A
Hey, I'm not sure about your question
However even though the UAC application closes at the end of the month
I'm pretty sure that you can still change you options until about 2 weeks after your atar comes out (or so I've been told by my career advisor)

crazy_paki123

HSC
commerce is much more broad than economics. I was in the same situation as you too lol. In B ECO, you can potentially become part of the RBA and managing monetary economic policies and more economic things. Where as in Commerce, you can major in economics (which is similar to B eco), or you can major in accounting or business law and more business associate things. Hope I helped :)

Bobbo1

HSC
Both are pretty similar and at the end of the day can be used for related jobs. Economics is more about looking at big picture/grand scheme of things in the economy where as commerce can vary from anything to do with banking with finance, insurance with actuarial, accounting or some of the less common majors like marketing/HR. Tbh you shouldn't be too fussed between the two and I'm sure you can easily change once you find out more once you're in uni anyway...

muzeikchun852

HSC
I'm pretty sure for commerce you can major in economics any way so i would say go for commerce.

kwu1

HSC
Oh, in that case I will go with commerce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)