commerce (1 Viewer)

Jt*

HSC
commerce is too hard for me already

i had no idea that international studies kids could do mgmt and inter business without all the maths junk

this course is pretty much too hard for me

i wish i knew this beforehand = [

Chris.

HSC
lol its only been the first day
and everybody doing commerce has to do QMA and QMB..the maths subjects

Jt*

HSC
yes i get that

trust me i did general maths, i have no idea wtf is going on

alls i'm saying is that i really wish that i knew beforehand that i could accomplish the same as i wanted with international studies which would be far easier for me

Chris.

HSC
there are only 2 things to do now:

1. drop out of the course without financial penalty before the census date but then you wont be at uni for the year

2. tough it out and see how u go and try and pass. then see if you can transfer out mid semester if you can.

if your having trouble doing assignments on your own...make some new friends QUICK so you can get answers lol

Loz_metalhead

HSC
What subjects are you having difficulty with? Also, what did you choose as your option?

Jt*

HSC
econ 1202 or whatever the eco subjects are

i haven't even been to accounting yet and i'll bet thats fun

Chris.

HSC
Jt* said:
econ 1202 or whatever the eco subjects are

i haven't even been to accounting yet and i'll bet thats fun
lol thats QMA i think. yeh thats prob the hardest thing you will do in first year.

Jt*

HSC
well i'm either gonna have to do some maths program that conflicts with my lectures or drop out

i would have never gotten into this position if i understood the handbook or had more help, i seriously think the whole enrollment process and information is too confusing for people like me who don't have any family or friends in uni

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
accounting is fun. =]

bahaha
QMA wasn't too bad either. lol;

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Wow 98.20 struggling after 1st day

I'm doing calculus (hardest maths in WA) with economics so i should be fine? :l

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
haha accounting is shit. really really boring subject.

I'd recommend trying to work your ass off in QMA and attend pitshops or whatever they're called, it's basically free tutoring.

Jt*

HSC
Studentleader said:
Wow 98.20 struggling after 1st day

I'm doing calculus (hardest maths in WA) with economics so i should be fine? :l

Lol its possible for someone to get 98.20 and be terrible at maths :p

I think my problem was ignorance about my course and the fact that the handbook just confused the crap out of me

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
The handbook clearly labled the required level of maths was achieving at least 60 in HSC maths. I believe it even listed so when you were able to select it as a preference on the UAC website. So I wouldn't really blame that.

As for some advice, there's still time to change your subjects. You can drop QMA for now and replace it with something else, and then try and transfer at the end of the year.

Jt*

HSC
yeah i read that in the handbook, i meant i didn't understand many things such as how many subjects to take and that i could accomplish management without commerce

unsw isn't really my cup of tea anyway

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Jt* said:

I think my problem was ignorance about my course and the fact that the handbook just confused the crap out of me
You've got to be kidding us...you must be refering to the logic and concepts. Which subjects did you do for hsc?

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Jt* said:

I'm really envious of the fact you don't need to excel in maths and science to get a high UAI over east.

In Perth, if someone got 90+ without doing atleast 2 science and a math, i'd lol

Jt*

HSC
i did ancient, history ext, 4u english, gen maths, economics and legal

HSC
i was in your boat back in 1st year yes i did general maths. u have to duke it out, dont be weak and give up. chances are youll have to refine and learn new study techniques like i did, any struggles with the subject get help from tutors/pass classes! gl

Yamapi

HSC
Bridge the QMA if you want, said somewhere on the slides you can do bridging course opposed to QMA, but the level of maths you learn in QMA you can easily rote learn. Oh and no one has done matricies (unless they are an international student or some super geek) yet so yeah when we get there everyone should be in the same boat, kinda.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)