commodores (1 Viewer)

meew

HSC
can someone plsz tell me what model holden commordores are goodd (any age) ? i always hear theres crap ones and good ones.. but im a noob

Last edited:

meew

HSC
Legham said:
theen what do u think is hott?

i have about $10k, can borrow a little more if needed.. im trying to decide whether its better to buy a cheap car and save the rest of the money or spend it all and get a more expensive car...

CieL

HSC
meew said:
i have about $10k, can borrow a little more if needed.. im trying to decide whether its better to buy a cheap car and save the rest of the money or spend it all and get a more expensive car...
Didnt you say you wanted a supra?
$10k isnt going to get you that.. unless an overgenerous mate is willing to hook you up..

I reckon you should get a cheap and reliable car as your first.. you gotta start off somewhere.. if you dont like it, sell it later when you find a better deal.. and if you think a fully sik car is necessary..

And the thing with spending on an expensive car...... it's like this guy who bought a S15 and ran into my rear... and he was still paying his car off... not to mention that because he was at fault, he had to pay an excess of $2500.. so, if you splurge everything on an expensive car, what happens if exterior factors cause you to go broke?

He begged me not to go thru insurance n all that crap.. I swear you should keep some money for backup..

But then again, I have another mate who'd spent $10k on his Prelude VTi-R... he didnt buy insurance [cant afford it, cos he pays everything himself], and for the past 2-3yrs he's never had an accident... so yeah... he lucky

meew

HSC
CieL said:
Didnt you say you wanted a supra?
$10k isnt going to get you that.. unless an overgenerous mate is willing to hook you up..

I reckon you should get a cheap and reliable car as your first.. you gotta start off somewhere.. if you dont like it, sell it later when you find a better deal.. and if you think a fully sik car is necessary..

And the thing with spending on an expensive car...... it's like this guy who bought a S15 and ran into my rear... and he was still paying his car off... not to mention that because he was at fault, he had to pay an excess of $2500.. so, if you splurge everything on an expensive car, what happens if exterior factors cause you to go broke?

He begged me not to go thru insurance n all that crap.. I swear you should keep some money for backup..

But then again, I have another mate who'd spent $10k on his Prelude VTi-R... he didnt buy insurance [cant afford it, cos he pays everything himself], and for the past 2-3yrs he's never had an accident... so yeah... he lucky
i kno i kno if i wanted a supra i would wait til i had 13-14 and get a cheapish one.

but nyeyeh i dont knoww maybe i shud just gert a crap car as my first. [although i wont crash lawl]

CieL

HSC
you still haven't said

Are you under the P-plater prohibited vehicles ban thing?

Manual/auto driver?

spangacrab

HSC
Depends mate on the driver, Falcons and crummydores are just stock cars, there are good and bad. VL's are known to be ricers (cause of RB30) and wog car owners, so don't get it.

Just depends how the car has been treated over its life, like obviously you don't want to buy a VL or VN from a P plater, ricer or yobbo.
But depends on your budget, if you got $$$ get something new if not, VBs were always cool.

Better yet, get a XE falcon like me.

Jiga

Lol as someone said.... NO Commodore is good!

Personally if I had $10k Id get a Gen4 V6 Camry, for $10k they have about $120,000kms, they will run easily for double that without problems if maintained and they have abit of get up and go being a V6. The downer is they aernt 'cool'. If your looking for a cool car.... then start saving because there isnt anything you can get for $10k, Im sure you can buy some POS old car, but to me it aint cool to have an old car which back in the early 90s was the in thing (reference to all those turboed pulsars going around with cannons - I have some respect seeings as though they have like 170kw but at the end of the day it still isnt cool to have an old arse car).

Last edited by a moderator:

Legham

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
The downer is they aernt 'cool'.
The original poster obviously doesn't mind that, seeing as they're looking at commodores :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
For some reason, meew reminds me of those kids who want their first car to be a Skyline or an Evo despite having little experience with high performance cars, relatively new to driving, in the very expensive to insure category (ie. <25 male) and limited budget.

That being said, I'm gunning for the new Evo X next... so that makes me a bit of a hypocrite :)

Last edited:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
seremify007 said:
That being said, I'm gunning for the new Evo X next... so that makes me a bit of a hypocrite :)
I'm not a big fan of the Evo X, i plan on getting an evo IX by the time i get my full license.

meew

HSC
ok lawl. yes im manual and yes im P plate but im in vic.,, the restriction is 3.5L per tonne and 125 kw per tonne. duno if thats different to u guys.

ok so im goina get a noob car

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
meew said:
ok lawl. yes im manual and yes im P plate but im in vic.,, the restriction is 3.5L per tonne and 125 kw per tonne. duno if thats different to u guys.

ok so im goina get a noob car
fuck victoria rules.

POWER TO FUCKING WEIGHT RATIO.

Jiga

Its not that bad.... means you couldnt buy most new V6s cos your limited to like 180kw for a 1500kg car, but for your budget it isnt an issue.

That being said, I'm gunning for the new Evo X next... so that makes me a bit of a hypocrite
Rumours are its going to be $80k. Nice car.... but no way in hell Id spend that much money on a car that has no ride comfort and minimal creature comforts! Its as fast if not quicker then some Porsches, but really, how often will you test that out... not worth it. At $50k it was a nice proposition

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
meew said:
is that bad?
No. It's fucking good.

Here you can't drive a car if it's has a V8 or turbo no matter what it weighs. They do not take into account how fast a car can accelerate and how much power it really has.

Power to weight ftw! Instead of "turbo? NO DRIVE FOR YOU"

Jiga

^

Umm I think your wrong. Even the crappiest of turboed cars is going to have a ratio that is excessive by their rules!!! Even friggin family cars like a Toyota Aurion aernt allowed under their rules as they weigh 1550kg and have 200kw... the maximum for that weight being only 190kw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)