• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Communication @ UWS (1 Viewer)

HSC
Im also thinking of communication. Im more into the creative side and like digital media, are there majors which head towards graphic design/multimedia type studies?

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
BA Communication @ UWS is my second preference, and considering my first preference had a UAI of 98 last year, it's 99.9% certain I'll be heading to UWS. I'm actually quite excited...I hear a lot of my school mates putting UWS as a "last resort", but after reading through the course content it sounds more hands on and a little broader than USyd & UTS (I'm definitely majoring in Journalism, but introductions in Advertising and PR give me a little leeway, ya know?). My biggest problem will be the 1.5 hour commute :(.

The last time I was out Penrith way was...never, so can anyone tell me what the campus is like? :D

Kally17

HSC
green_fairy said:
Hey im really interested in doing this course. Anyone here do it? What do you think of it?
Hey! I do that course. It's great! Basically you can choose between different majors..journalism, advertising, media arts production or Public Relations. With the majors you can choose one of the above majors and then with your free electives do subjects within any of the majors so you can do both PR and journalism subjects or whatever you want to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)