Comp problem (1 Viewer)

krayzie_

HSC
So I have a computer and it gives me blue screen of death? So I restart and it stuffed up so I need to format? So I format now I install all drivers and halfway through the NVIDIA graphics card 7600GS 512MB it stuffs up and restarts.

Ive tried it countless times and it happens each time, I tried getting the most reccent drivers from NVIDIA it still doesn't work. I try other drivers but no still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
thats odd, try another video card on ur pc if possible to see if it the actual video card that is the problem. Maybe there could be a driver conflict with another device. Also try safe mode but im not sure if u can install driver through it though.

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
Not necessarily the GFX card - if it was stuffing around, you'd likely see other visual symptoms before this (though I'm not completely discounting it).

Using another computer, download Memtest86+ (http://www.memtest.org/) and burn it to CD. Boot off this CD on the screwy computer and let it run for a few hours. I'm asking you to do this because I'm suspecting that one (or more) of your memory sticks have gone dodgy.

nubix

HSC
What does the BSOD say? Can you take a picture of it?

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
"So I format now I install all drivers and halfway through the NVIDIA graphics card 7600GS 512MB it stuffs up and restarts."

He's already formatted by the sounds of it - and is just getting straight restarts...

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
did you install any new software/hardware prior to you receiving the bsod? lol.

more info would be helpful. ;D
but i also agree with excalibur. first thing i'd think of would be faulty ram. or drivers.

krayzie_

HSC
Ok hold up I'll post another post that i posted in the Nvidia help section.

/edit

Recently I encountered the Blue Screen of Death before I even got into windows, it went blue screen then literally shut down my computer.

Ok, so I format the computer. Now I've installed windows and have installed the drivers for the motherboard which is an ASUS, M2V series. Also just to note my screen colours are really off the graphics are laggy and the pixel colours look scattered (Its hard to describe - like a jumpy signal for a tv transmission however its not jumpy its just the weird colours are stationary). Anyway, moving on, the graphics card is an also an ASUS NVIDIA 7600 GS, I put in the CD, then I get the warning message " Software has not been tested with Windows XP - continue anyway or stop installation. So I continue anyway as I always have and then about 10 - 20 seconds later the computer restarts, THUS I am unable to install the driver.. =[

After long hours searching for solutions I came here, I've tried uninstalling the drivers completely and installing from BOTH the CD it came with and the Drivers from Nvidia.com. I've also tried installing from guru3d and no luck I get the same problem it restarts at the same spot as before. I've used the drive cleaner to clean out everything to no luck.

Just to note before - it gave me the Pci.sys is missing or corrupted so I couldn't go back in until recently it stopped after I installed the Windows Recovery Console..

Now its just I can NOT install the graphics card driver, whatever I try and the random coloured pixels whenever I enter windows.. Does anyone know of a fix etc? Its giving me alot of grief. =[

/edit http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=50568&hl=nvidia+7600+gs direcct link

Last edited:

krayzie_

HSC
shinji said:
did you install any new software/hardware prior to you receiving the bsod? lol.

more info would be helpful. ;D
but i also agree with excalibur. first thing i'd think of would be faulty ram. or drivers.
No new software, just got the BSOD then I format, re-installing drivers everything goes in fine - but when it gets to the 7600GS driver it restarts. Ive tried different (compatible) drivers but none work and I get the same problem it restarts again.

Oh yea did I mention - the screen has all these dots of colours out of place?!? and the dots, i thought it was just because of the graphics card not being installed so bits of the colour looks retarded, but I'm not sure

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)