Comp115 (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
... said:
Supra: i can teach you loops, they are very very easy, best way to study them is to read heaps of example (lect notes, textbooks, and the net)
awesome, thanks man...im gonna have a go at the assignment tomorrow and c what its really like

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
... said:
Supra: i can teach you loops, they are very very easy, best way to study them is to read heaps of example (lect notes, textbooks, and the net)
imo, best way to learn programming is to watch someone do it and then actually program on the computer yourself. its more of a practical thing in my thinking.

^___^
HSC
ah yeah

but thats if you have someone that has done it

say if you've got no one and you are on your own, i guess the best self study you can do is read examples (and as rahul said, do them on computer)

doe

HSC
N/A
yep

the more you do it the better you get.

when you're learning write small programs that only do one thing, so you can focus on that. ie write a program with a single for loop and mess around with the numbers.

if you only write programs for your assignments you're gonna have a hard time.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i also remember last years lecturer saying that then 36/30 kinda marks would be used to hand out HD's

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Hey guys i have a problem...i was wondering whether i have to go to pracs and tutes...like we only have the roll call for tutes not pracs...r they goin to deduct marks if attendance to tutes is not to their expectations? I submit the weekly practical tasks b4 the due date, i do it at home, i dont feel the need to go to pracs, so wud they care if i skip pracs? (im still doin the owrk, but just in my own time and b4 the due date)

^___^
HSC
they don't really care if you don't turn up to pracs
cos as long as you hand in something for it, its ok (make sure u read the unit outline, the structure of this unit might have changed!!)
as for tute, i didn't go to all of them either, and i don't record handing anything in :confused:

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
you should go to the tutes for the answers to the questions...

as for pracs, dont bother... i've only been to the first on (first week) and its a waste of time if u already done it at home

Catastrophe

HSC
someone HELP!!!

i suck at comp and almost going crazy working out just part A of the 2nd assignment>< i wasted 6hrs and all it does is getting me more confused....

would any1 be kind enough to provide me with solutions to A...? i dont wanna fail this dumb subject><

HSC
ur right man! comp sux hardcore T_T i hate it! the weekly exercises get so hard and assignments aint making my life any easier!

HSC
oh yeh btw, how many weekly pracs do we get for this semester? u know how we have to pass at least 8 to pass comp..i was wondering how many pracs i can miss

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i think htere were 11 in total...dont take my word for it...but man do all of em each week, coz u neva know which ones u may pass and fail...i neva want to do this unit again, so im trying to get my P first go :p

Last edited:

Catastrophe

HSC
anyone figured how to get b? i only know how to get the first and last digits of the 7 digit id, how do we get the rest, then square them all and add them?

stepher

HSC
N/A
so screwed for this subject. ggrr and theres another prac due tonite!! :mad:
dont know why im even bothering to stress!! cos of the "8 pass marks in pracs"-rule, im not even sure if ive failed already!!

CrashOveride

HSC
actually i realised that we might fail ryan?

coz in the file they gave u ..there was no pause....we put one in there
so like, our thing will just flash up and disappear :p

^___^
HSC
CrashOveride said:
actually i realised that we might fail ryan?

coz in the file they gave u ..there was no pause....we put one in there
so like, our thing will just flash up and disappear :p

well, start checking your emails for plagiarism notice then ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)