Comp2011/2021/2041 (1 Viewer)

gman03

HSC
too bad me in the tuesday 9am tut..... have lecture at 9 on friday.... hehe
interesting enough, the friday afternoon tut that I used to enrol in is gone :S

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
oh by the way McLake, i'm in your class :)
won't be seeing you till week3 since tuts start in week3 right?
hmmm unless there are other inquisitive people in the class, i'll be the only one asking questions or answering which i have found happening in comp1A and comp1B

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
redslert said:
your friday tut is already full
I know.

redslert said:
oh by the way McLake, i'm in your class :)
won't be seeing you till week3 since tuts start in week3 right?
hmmm unless there are other inquisitive people in the class, i'll be the only one asking questions or answering which i have found happening in comp1A and comp1B
Yes, week 3. See you there ...

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
lol if i told you then you would find out who i was which isn't as fun as keeping you guessing

impressions eh? lol can't say much but you kinda knew what you were talking about you did struggle :p

oh the email thingy is a nice touch, provides the image that you are 'trying' and actually care about your job as a tutor

Last edited:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
redslert said:
lol if i told you then you would find out who i was which isn't as fun as keeping you guessing
Damn. OK ...

redslert said:
impressions eh? lol can't say much but you kinda knew what you were talking about you did struggle :p
Yes, I was rather nervous. I should be better this week ...

redslert said:
oh the email thingy is a nice touch, provides the image that you are 'trying' and actually care about your job as a tutor
I do care. Plus I felt bad that I screwed up in the tute ...

There will be an "incentive" to answer the questions in the tute this week, so come prepared ...

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
For all those CSE students with free electives who might want to take Science electives related to computing:

PHYS1601
Computer Applications in Experimental Science 1
School of Physics
UOC6 HPW6
An introduction to the internal structure, operating and interfacing of
computers. Binary and digital electronic logic; logic control devices;
bus communication structures; instruction execution in a processor;
machine language code and instruction sets; interfaces and interaction
schemes between processor and the outside world.

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/COURSES/FIRST_YEAR/pdf files/PHYS1601 INTRO 2005.pdf
http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/PHYS1601/

Hmmm..interesting.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Woot.. mclake I'm gonna come visit you in your tute and SCARE YOU (please don't kick me out)

:D

kouri

well w t f
HSC
comp2011 sucks.

esp this semester's comp2011 i heard.

whats with the algorithm assn T_T

sunny

meh.
HSC
kouri said:
comp2011 sucks.

esp this semester's comp2011 i heard.

whats with the algorithm assn T_T

hehe....Aleks right? He was teaching 3121 (algorithms!) last session.

gman03

HSC
sunny said:
hehe....Aleks right? He was teaching 3121 (algorithms!) last session.
EXACTLY! He thought he was teaching 3121 all the time... like he ought to give us mini-homework but he THOUGHT it was an assignment so he gave us a MAJOR homework instead, which I don't think it is fair..

sunny

meh.
HSC
gman03 said:
EXACTLY! He thought he was teaching 3121 all the time... like he ought to give us mini-homework but he THOUGHT it was an assignment so he gave us a MAJOR homework instead, which I don't think it is fair..
Aleks is forgetful sometimes, but he's nice about it if he's reminded. I think he likes algorithms so much thats just the way he teaches. But then again, alot of data org should be algorithms - its no use knowing about data structures but having no efficient algorithms to put them to use in problem solving.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
that stupid so called 'homework' was major hardcore difficult stuff
took ages to figure out most of the stuff and at the end i don't even know if it was right or not!
asking for help from people who did it just last session and they couldn't figure it out, ask a friend who is doing 3121 this session and he didn't have a clue.....

ace

is retired
HSC
gman03 said:
I saw the assignment he gave you's. It just recycled from algo's and all your doing is explaining concepts not implementing them.

Good that they are letting you explore and think, than rather monotonous programming exercises which may really do nothing for you (in some cases).

gman03

HSC
ace said:
I saw the assignment he gave you's. It just recycled from algo's and all your doing is explaining concepts not implementing them.

Good that they are letting you explore and think, than rather monotonous programming exercises which may really do nothing for you (in some cases).
Actually it that piece of work is not that bad, however, given that it was a homework and having a weighting of 4%, do you think it is fair? (IMHO i think it should worth 10% or something. It required 2X the work than our first homework :p)

ace

is retired
HSC
gman03 said:
Actually it that piece of work is not that bad, however, given that it was a homework and having a weighting of 4%, do you think it is fair? (IMHO i think it should worth 10% or something. It required 2X the work than our first homework :p)
Well as assignments progress, difficulty is supposed to climb, workload is supposed to increase, thinking is supposed to occur :D

I also saw your first assignment, like a 5-10minute job. Your getting it sweet, ride the wave gman, ride the wave.

gman03

HSC
ace said:
Well as assignments progress, difficulty is supposed to climb, workload is supposed to increase, thinking is supposed to occur :D

I also saw your first assignment, like a 5-10minute job. Your getting it sweet, ride the wave gman, ride the wave.
Hehe... ride the wave....

We havn't have any assignments yet, it just homework. I suppose difficulty of homework should increase in O(nn) lol! A HD friend of mine gave up the entire homework as he could not find time to study for two mid-session (a total of 25%) for this lil' hw (worth 4%). Do the maths :D:D

EDIT: personally I don't think difficulty of assignments rise, but rather aim at different aspect of the course. It is true that second assignments usually involve more than first assignments, but by then we would have more experience to do that latter assignment... BUT this time in Data Org........

Last edited:

ace

is retired
HSC
gman03 said:
Hehe... ride the wave....

We havn't have any assignments yet, it just homework. I suppose difficulty of homework should increase in O(nn) lol! A HD friend of mine gave up the entire homework as he could not find time to study for two mid-session (a total of 25%) for this lil' hw (worth 4%). Do the maths :D:D

EDIT: personally I don't think difficulty of assignments rise, but rather aim at different aspect of the course. It is true that second assignments usually involve more than first assignments, but by then we would have more experience to do that latter assignment... BUT this time in Data Org........
It didn't rise O(nn), maybe O(n2). Well data org is like a repeat of comp 1b. If you passed comp 1b(and you would of had to, to do data org), then data org is a walk in the park. Perhaps an annoying walk in the park with theives lurking around the place (assignments) making you think a way out of the situation. But eh, data org this session looks alot easier than last sessions, or at the very least alot more interesting.

Oh and your friends case, its his problem that he wants to concentrate on the mid-sessions rather than spending less than an hour to complete the DO homework. Its his choice, I let him be.

Well good luck? or have fun? or ride the wave? or move with the changing times of lecturers? whichever is relevant today, go with it. :D

Best of luck,
ACE!

kouri

well w t f
HSC
did data org ever have mid-sessions?
MANNNN WHY WHY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Esp Alllllllgorithms.

I'm going to be sad now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)