• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Comparison between trials and actual HSC exam? (1 Viewer)

leesh95

HSC
Are trials generally as hard as the actual HSC?? In terms of questions how similar are the questions from the actual exam to the trials?

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Are trials generally as hard as the actual HSC?? In terms of questions how similar are the questions from the actual exam to the trials?
This depends on the papers.... Cssa and independent papers are pretty similar. The papers from the lower ranked schools aren't so similar.

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Depends. If you go to a good school trials will be harder.
If you go to an average/bad school trials will be a either similar or easier

fromsobi

HSC
This depends on the papers.... Cssa and independent papers are pretty similar. The papers from the lower ranked schools aren't so similar.
So cssa trials are of similar difficulty to hsc exams? I assumed they would be much harder.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
So cssa trials are of similar difficulty to hsc exams? I assumed they would be much harder.
Oops, I meant they are generally more harder. Sometimes that depends on the subject.

enoilgam

HSC
As has been said above, it depends on the trial you do. Also, in terms of school made papers, I dont think the school rank has any bearing on difficulty. Past papers from selective schools arent necessarily more difficult than those made by low ranked schools.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
As has been said above, it depends on the trial you do. Also, in terms of school made papers, I dont think the school rank has any bearing on difficulty. Past papers from selective schools arent necessarily more difficult than those made by low ranked schools.
This. My school's ranked 500+ and my 2U paper was much harder than the HSC and other schools trials I've done that are high ranked.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Depends. If you go to a good school trials will be harder.
If you go to an average/bad school trials will be a either similar or easier
Guessing you haven't seen JR trials :L

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
In my 20+ years experience I would describe the CSSA trials to be of similar difficulty to the HSC. Remember that when you do the trials it is usually in August and the HSC 2+ months later so more study and practice done thus making the HSC seem similar. There have even been times when the CSSA questions have virtually word for word appeared in the HSC either in the same year or a year or so later.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It depends on the teacher. I had a teacher for Software Design and Development teacher (for example) who would cherry pick challenging questions from past and current cssa as well as other papers.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
CSSA MX2 is probs one of the hardest external papers. Then my teacher takes out the easy questions in Q13/14 and replaces them with hard mechanics.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
CSSA MX2 is probs one of the hardest external papers. Then my teacher takes out the easy questions in Q13/14 and replaces them with hard mechanics.
You got gg'd

i hope they correlate, if so i'm an impending business state ranker :lol:

inb4easymarking

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Let's be formulaic about this guys:

[trial mark] - [10 - teacher bias] + [5 for additional study and learning from mistakes] = HSC mark

Scientifically proven by scientist nerdasdasd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)