• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Completely happy and content with being alone? (1 Viewer)

beckywecky

HSC
davin said:
she is in Australia, yes. downside, i'm not, just want to be often for at least a portion of uni
Yeah... Wait, you've got me a little confused... You're not in Australia? (Pardon me if I didn't read your post correctly).

:confused:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
the thing about singledom that bothers me sometimes is the thought i could ALWAYS be alone. Disregarding my time with my ex, before that, I'd been single for ages and had started to really enjoy it- I worry that I'll be enjoying it to much and then realise I'm 50.. and still havent settled down.

which is crazy since I'm only 20

Collin

HSC
N/A
Being single isn't something bad for me, but something like Valentine's Day is one day of the year which accentuates a feeling of loneliness. Luckily this year, I'll have a Valentine. Too bad she'll be on a fucking plane coming back from an overseas holiday though, so that won't be much help on the actual day.. heh.

beckywecky

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
the thing about singledom that bothers me sometimes is the thought i could ALWAYS be alone. Disregarding my time with my ex, before that, I'd been single for ages and had started to really enjoy it- I worry that I'll be enjoying it to much and then realise I'm 50.. and still havent settled down.

which is crazy since I'm only 20
Yeah, I think that's a thought that crosses many peoples' minds at some point or another. I think there comes a time in many individuals lives where they'll be ready to cease embracing singledom and thus be ready to settle down. Don't worry, you won't always be alone! Have you been single long?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
JKDDragon said:
Being single isn't something bad for me, but something like Valentine's Day is one day of the year which accentuates a feeling of loneliness. Luckily this year, I'll have a Valentine. Too bad she'll be on a fucking plane coming back from an overseas holiday though, so that won't be much help on the actual day.. heh.
meet her at the fucking airport you dick! make sure you bring the chocolates, the flowers and a limo waiting for her. :p

davin

HSC
N/A
beckywecky said:
Yeah... Wait, you've got me a little confused... You're not in Australia? (Pardon me if I didn't read your post correctly).

:confused:
read right. american. just that i feel more at home in australia, even though i've only spent about 2 months worth of time there due to cost constraints.

beckywecky

HSC
davin said:
read right. american. just that i feel more at home in australia, even though i've only spent about 2 months worth of time there due to cost constraints.
Whoa, America! That's some long distance relationship hey. I guess it could work out if both parties are willing. But hey, it's often easier said than done.

What brings you to BoS, if you don't mind me asking?

:)

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Being single is fun when most of your friends are single and you get to go out and meet alot of different people :D but being single can get depressing at times, especially on valentines day

davin

HSC
N/A
it worked breifly...about 2 1/2 years, but she moved on and wasn't interested in a relationship anymore. i'm not gonna try to drag her back into a relationship she wasn't happy with and would, on top of that, have to deal with a god-awful distance. so she's now just a friend since then

i'm here mainly because she posts here on occasion and thought i'd find the politics section interesting, knowing i'm often bored and that i run closer to australian time than american. just branched out a bit beyond that.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Someone said something similar previously, but I enjoy being single. I love not being tied to anyone. I love going out clubbing with my girlfriends and I do occasionally hook up with guys.

But being single kinda hurts when your friends start to get into relationships and when vday creeps along. Especially when it's your closest friends. Like you feel so happy for them and u don't hate them for it, but you can't help but feel a little jealous, for want of a better word.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i've been single for 17 years, and have not worried about valentines day once, i was just content with friends, it didnt mean much, i'm not single now, it still doesnt mean much cos as i said before, when you're with the one you love, you're always happy, but, for people that are single, i don't think they shall be too upset for being single, love will come your way, at least once, or more for others, it just requires time, meanwhile, make yourselves some chocolates!

beckywecky

HSC
At the moment, all Valentines Day is meaning to me is my Visual Arts assessment which I have not even come CLOSE to finishing. Don't have time for any of this romantic bull!

Mannnnn...

dodgyfilokid

HSC
Well, I gotta admit that I don't like being single. I know there are upsides to being one but there are also downsides and I seem to experience more downsides than upsides. I dunno, maybe its got something to do wit the fact that in my group, almost 95% are in a relationship and only like 6-10 people are single and happy. I've been through 5 bloody failed attempts to start a relationship and its jz ridiculous to the point that Im contemplating of becoming a celibate..it sucks!!!

Collin

HSC
N/A
Just realised I'll be working on Valentines too.. shit!

Collin

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I DO need more money right now. Gotta pay off the credit card, hmm.

Manboobs are fucking hot indeed, come suck on mine:

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Lundy said:
I admit that sometimes I do feel a bit lonely. I'm not going to pretend I absolutely love singledom. Because I don't. It has it's upsides, but I'm not the type to go and have flings with random guys.

Yeah I dont go around having flings at all. Being single doesnt really bother me that much its just when all my friends around me arent single and going out with their bf/gf...then I have no one to go out with or if invited I feel like a 3rd wheel. But there's always at least 1 person that I know thats single, so I end up hanging out with one person for a few weeks lol.

Single or not I dont mind....its always nice to be in a relationship, I'll admit I like it, but its not like I can't survive without it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)