Computer Help Needed! (1 Viewer)

Zeitgeist308

HSC
Hi all, I have a really quick noob computer question.

3 days ago when i turned on my laptop the screen was like enlarged, stretched and pixelated. In addition to this problem the aero windows on Vista where disabled, the windows where the standard Vista block light-blue ones. Further, I can no longer make my laptop sleep or hibernate, it can only shut down, log off and restart.

I have been told by various people to change my screen resolution, problem is when I do so I can only pick between "Low" (which makes the screen even bigger and worse) and "High" which it is already set too.

I have no idea how to fix this problem.

Any advise you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Z

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Wow, thats scary.
Maybe format ur laptop?
Maybe put in your vista backup discs (assuming u still have them) and see if theres some sort of option to repair what has been done. There is a possibility that ur hdd will be wiped, especially if u have to reinstall the OS.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Does your graphics card still appear under device manager?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Install your graphic card drivers again?

Maybe run an anti-virus scan? Have you tried forcing it to hibernate via the command line?

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
System restore?

if all else fails, Format.

Zeitgeist308

HSC
As requested I have checked my graphics card in device manager (it's the one under "Display Adapters" right?). My NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 is displayed but it has a little yellow triangle with exclamation mark. What does this mean? I have tried updating the drivers for it automatically but it can not find any. Is there any other way I can update them?

Thanks once again,

Z.

Zeitgeist308

HSC
Update:

My laptop will now no longer connect to my home network and I can't access the internet. Furthermore, the windows sidebar no longer displays gadgets, the gadgets are now white boxes.

I'm going to try formatting it tommorow since it doesn't look like I have much way out now.

Any last minute advice?

Thank you once again,

Z.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
eh seriously like all the guys said above its a problem with your graphics card. Uninstall the old driver first from the device manager then reinstall from the nvidia website or the install dics that came with your laptop. Reformatting sounds like overkill at the moment.

Zeitgeist308

HSC
darkwolfzx said:
eh seriously like all the guys said above its a problem with your graphics card. Uninstall the old driver first from the device manager then reinstall from the nvidia website or the install dics that came with your laptop. Reformatting sounds like overkill at the moment.
eh seriously, this isnt muc help. It's all been said before. Do you have any links? Detailed instructions on how to do it?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)