Computer restarting problem (1 Viewer)

spammy679

MLIA
HSC
For the last 3 days, my computer has been restarting once or twice a day at random times. It just goes black screen and restarts and i lose everything i was doing. I tried stopping it from restarting and tried to make it go BSOD but that didnt work. I've checked on the interwebs and found that it could be because of windows 7 RC expiring right now. BUT the RC version is build 7100 and my (pirated) version is 7600 :S . I've also checked the event viewer to see if there are hardware problems but there are none :/ . I've scanned my computer a lot of times and found nothing.

Any ideas on wat this could be from? :(

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeah i think that happens when you use an unlicenced version of windows and the 30 day trial period ends.

u can extend the 30day trial/activation period by another 30 days, google how to do it, you run cmd in admin rights, then u type something like "slrmgr -rearm", cant remember exactly what it was, google it, but it extends ur activation/trial period by another 30 days, so do it on the last day and you'll get like 120 free days of windows 7 (you can do it a maximum of 3 times)

spammy679

MLIA
HSC
yeh the problem was that it was already activated :S and ive had the copy for like 4 months and it's just happening now :/

anyway, i'll try that
thanks omie ! :D

spammy679

MLIA
HSC
no LOL
i know wat update you're talking about, KB971033
i hid that , didnt install it :/ or download

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
7600 i a pre-release version of windows 7 which has probably expired now I am pretty sure.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
that happened to me before i dont know what the problem is but i think you gotta format your comp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)