Computer Store / tech store thread (1 Viewer)

fatmuscle

HSC
the thing is, North Rocks is a lot closer to me...

petrol doesn't come cheap, and i know people who go there.

sammeh

www.wintonit.biz tell him i referred you and if u buy enough stuff i get free gear, kgo :]

in all seriousness, this is a friend of mine, and he's good at what he does. the prices are very reasonable. after sale support will be good.

?end shameless.plug();

mojako

HSC
fatmuscle said:
These can be for any electronics stuff, but i'm assuming it will mainly focus on computer stores/shops.
For electronics *components* go to Dick Smith www.dse.com.au :p
or Jay Car...

[tell me if u want this post deleted.. it's not that "relevant"]

sunny

meh.
HSC
mojako said:
For electronics *components* go to Dick Smith www.dse.com.au :p
or Jay Car...
DSE and Jaycar sell component prices at ridiculously high prices. I suggest WES or Farnell components.

mojako

HSC
sunny said:
DSE and Jaycar sell component prices at ridiculously high prices. I suggest WES or Farnell components.
mm where are they located?
i know the prices are high but i dont really know other stores, except those stores on york st (in the city)
mm now that I re-think about ur point... do u mean common resistors etc are also high-priced?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Both of them are distributors rather than retail, so everything they have is much cheaper. They stock pretty much everything you can think of.

There is a WES in Ashfield, I don't have the exact address though.

mojako

HSC
Do "distributors" sell in... individual quantity? (eg 1 small capacitor...) just curious..

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yep they do sell components individually......but if you're just buying little things you might as well save on petrol and go to your closest DSE instead.

mojako

HSC
sunny said:
Yep they do sell components individually......but if you're just buying little things you might as well save on petrol and go to your closest DSE instead.
haha of course!
but, any cheap distributor of petrol??
i'd really love this one ;)
although im not using any car but my family is..

umm.. sorry to the original poster of this thread to add irrelevant things...

BTW do you classify Computer World as cheap or not? I just wanna know what kind of cheap the stores listed on this thread are like

aditya

HSC
I have great access to computer parts, if you're shopping around, or a friend you know is, pm me with your requirements and i'll give you a quote (if you could provide your cheapest quote so far it would be benificial for you, as if I can, I will undercut it).

I can also provide individual parts if you buy 2 or more. I know thats unlikely but just thought i'd mention it...

cheers,

PS: If you need any help with decisions PM me, I would be glad to help you. I hate seeing people buy 2000 dollar computers and not be satisfied with them.... 2000 dollars can get you anything and everything nowadays, but not all retailers show that... you're all l33t so you would know this but yeh, alot of people get ripped of sooo bad

=) happy shopping

Last edited:

shiny

The Shiny One
HSC
N/A
unbelievable... fluidtek is by far the cheapest store, and it's great. hell, most of their prices even beat ebay's 'warehouse' prices.

200gb seagate b 7200rpm with 8mb buff, 166 bux and still going down
pioneer 108d for 120 bux, amd 64 3200+ 300 bux, 512 ddr 400 geils for only 145 bux

those prices are just a puny fraction of the great prices they have.

here's the best page they have... i think

www.fluidtek.com.au/webcontent46.htm

the best thing about that page, it updates so often :D

fantasia

HSC
which store is best for desktop systems? lol i'm clueless about building one from scratch

shiny

The Shiny One
HSC
N/A
Hmm.. get some computer techie friends and go computer shopping some day. My friends and I are going to the computer fair on the 16th Nov. 2 of my friends are also clueless about computers, but if you go with your friends, they can teach you a lot as you go along.

Computer magazines also help give you some insight into what to look for in a computer. Reading some online reviews/comparisons can help you choose between a few components.

Once you get a general know-all about computers, you can start looking for individual parts to build. Buying them separately is better because you can get better quality products at decent prices, rather than pre-built junk (most of the stuff is anyway) ...don't even talk about Alienware *dies*

I'm currently looking at www.fluidtek.com.au/webcontent46.htm as well as other parts of the site, to compare prices. So far, nothing has been beaten except for centrecom.com.au's AMD64 socket 939 CPUs and Mobos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)