Conflicting Perspective (1 Viewer)

Casper_18

HSC
I found this text in another thread

I am going to use it I just need some things to talk about other than the obvious contrast between the cells. And some background on the conflict would be nice :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
OK. So you took someone's suggestion with regards to a related text. And now you want help with it? [Assuming I even understand what you want?] Yeah, right.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Seriously, try analysing it yourself. Everyone else (mostly everyone else) has their own related texts to analyse and certainly aren't expecting other people to study the texts for them. If you're having trouble then maybe pick a different text (like, for instance, something you know a fair bit about already) or ask a teacher.

123ash

HSC
always remember!!!
Module C is a thematic study. so what ever you prepare, you will have to blend it with the question they give you.

your argument must follow the question because, if you do not answer the question but have an excellent text, ur marks will slip.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Your argument must follow the question - in any English question....[by following the question, I mean agreeing/disagreeing/some combination thereof]....in any module. Not just Module C.

Casper_18

HSC
I wasn't expecting anyone to analyse it for me, I Have done that myself. But thanks for the other post that was helpful (#5).

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Try the NCAP forums for background information, they're full of Israel-Palestine threads.

shadi-fighter

HSC
i don't think a picture like that is conceptual enough.
just like a reading task, if you pick text 1 as one of your texts for the five marker, i doubt you'll get the 5 marks...

RAB11

HSC
Basically, the region currently known as Israel was Palestine before about 1920. The people who lived there were called Palestinians.

After World War One, Britain and France divvied up the Middle East, and Britain got a Mandate over Palestine. This worked fine, apart from the occasional riot/protest for independence, until after World War Two, when Jews who survived the Holocaust needed somewhere to be resettled. There had long been talk of the Jews founding their own nation to escape the anti-Semitic vibes around Europe from about the late 1800s, this was known as Zionism. Two places ended up being nominated, through a buy-out of land, not hostile takeover. The first was Palestine, as it sat around the traditional holy sights of Judaism, and was the original home of the Jews. The second was Argentina, but that never amounted to much.

So after the Second World War, the UN decided the Jews needed a home. So they created the "Partition Plan." This basically meant they evacuated the majority of the Palestinian population from Palestine in order to allow the Jews to establish their own nation, Israel. This angered the Palestinians and the surrounding Arab nations, and basically the area has been in constant conflict ever since. The basic theme up until recently has been the Arab nations warmongering, but Israel eventually surviving.

This conflict now is about a territorial dispute between Israel and the Palestinians, and I think it's Israel on the offensive. Basically, the Palestinians are feeling the effects of the current conflict a little bit more than the Israelis.

Hope it helps.

peachlives

HSC
I found this text in another thread

I am going to use it I just need some things to talk about other than the obvious contrast between the cells. And some background on the conflict would be nice :)
Talk about this:

WHAT conflict is represented here?
HOW is it represented?
WHY is it being represented in this way?

That's a basic paragraph structure for all module C essays. Standard students do WHAT and HOW - Advanced students must prove the WHY - its the most important part! :)

peachlives

HSC
i don't think a picture like that is conceptual enough.
just like a reading task, if you pick text 1 as one of your texts for the five marker, i doubt you'll get the 5 marks...
i agree -

i don't think its the lack of concept, the israeli-palestinian conflict is pretty bulky, i think its the volume of the text

if it were a series of drawings instead of just one comparison, it would be better
by itself its a bit... weak.. as such

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)