• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Confused about Question wording (1 Viewer)

PIFKIE

HSC
Hi Everyone,
I've been practicing for the school certificate by using past examination papers.
In the 2006 History, Geography, Civics paper, question 21 States-
Outline TWO social and/or cultural features of the chosen decade.

I'm just wanting to know, does this mean you must outline TWO social features, and TWO cultural features,

or outline either two social features, OR two cultural features.

Its a 4 mark question, so would that be two marks for each named feature, or one mark for each feature..?

Thanks [=

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I think it means that you have to simply outline TWO features. They can be either cultural or social. So there can be say two cultural features, two social features or one of each.

Two marks perhaps for each feature. One for identifying one such feature and the other for outlining it.

I hope I was of help.

PIFKIE

HSC
I see!
Well, that should make it a bit easier, if I only have to remember 2 features instead of 4.
Thanks for your help :)
are you doing the school cert this year? because my teacher said this question will be in it for us.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yeah, I'm doing SC this year. The questions are roughly the same every year. The extended responses for history tend to focus on

Immigration (changing attitudes to migrants)

Impacts of Vietnam War (like veterans, increasing opposition against the war, relationship with Asia etc.)

Aboriginal Issues (such as reconciliation and changing policies from proctectionism to assimilation to integration and finally self-deternination)

But I'm surprised your teacher knows what's going to be in it for you. Are you sure they weren't talking about the trial SC?

Amogh

HSC
N/A
You only mention 2 'social and cultural' OR 'social or cultural features' of your chosen decade.
For example, Considering Sports craze (Melb. 1956 Olympics, Don Bradman retired around 1948 or something), Americanised, Technological Advances etc.

But I'm surprised your teacher knows what's going to be in it for you. Are you sure they weren't talking about the trial SC?
She most probably did mean the trials. No way a teacher COULD even know the questions/would leak out any question to the students from the real thing =O
and PIFKIE would'nt openly state it online, either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)