Confused and lost. (1 Viewer)

qwertyrandom

HSC
Im in my trials period right now and i know i've stuffed up english and maths (ext 2 and maybe 1). I still have chem and i'll probably end up screwing that up as well. So as you can tell i couldn't achieve my best in trials (so far). Which is now very bad cos im not one of the top students anyway. I'm coming last for chem (out of 20) and extension 2 (out of 3). So right now at this point in trials im so lost and confused and i want to give up so badly. I'm on the verge of tears due to frustration at myself for being so unorganized and idiotic. I just want to get an atar of 91 but that goal keeps getting further away every minute i think about it. Is there still any chance for me to achieve this goal or is it too late?

Here are my subjects and ranks,

Maths X1 (15/20)
Maths X2 (3/3)
Chem (20/20)
Physics (9/20)
English (67/81)

tbh i wouldnt even be surprised if i could get above 80 for an atar.

HSC
N/A
Im in my trials period right now and i know i've stuffed up english and maths (ext 2 and maybe 1). I still have chem and i'll probably end up screwing that up as well. So as you can tell i couldn't achieve my best in trials (so far). Which is now very bad cos im not one of the top students anyway. I'm coming last for chem (out of 20) and extension 2 (out of 3). So right now at this point in trials im so lost and confused and i want to give up so badly. I'm on the verge of tears due to frustration at myself for being so unorganized and idiotic. I just want to get an atar of 91 but that goal keeps getting further away every minute i think about it. Is there still any chance for me to achieve this goal or is it too late?

Here are my subjects and ranks,

Maths X1 (15/20)
Maths X2 (3/3)
Chem (20/20)
Physics (9/20)
English (67/81)

tbh i wouldnt even be surprised if i could get above 80 for an atar.
ok , you probably want to get into UNSW engo right?
if so you should REALLY apply for FEAS. (if you have an atar 81-91 you still have a good chance of getting in)

As for the trials, don't dwell on the past. You should only focus on the future.
You can still get an atar of 90+ if you work really hard up until the externals. "Nothing is impossible" - Shia

Its all up to YOU.
Good Luck !!

p.s we do the same subjects!

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Externals are a MASSIVE game-changer. Study efficiently, from now up until the HSC.

Good luck.

qwertyrandom

HSC
Yea engineering's the goal, just don't know what type. Thanks for telling me about FEAS, i didnt know about it. Ill definitely be applying for that.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Probably your best bet is try to bring your cohort up as well as yourself after trials. As your cohort's performance in externals will be responsible for moderation of internals.

qwertyrandom

HSC
This is all very reassuring. I should only have to worry about bringing my marks up, my cohort is very intelligent.

HSC
Yeh it really depends on how your cohort performs in the externals. Your school rank could be a good guideline

HSC
But tbh just don't worry about atar estimates etc. Just work hard and give it your best go and see what you can get at the end :)

HSC
Based on your school rank + your current rank in school. I'll estimate around 69-72 atar

turntaker

HSC
Based on your school rank + your current rank in school. I'll estimate around 69-72 atar
pls, do you know how well his subjects scale.
If he does well in externals he can easily pull off 85+.

my advice would be to give it your full potential for these 2 months or so and see what you can get.

Atar estimates are actually really pointless

HSC
pls, do you know how well his subjects scale.
If he does well in externals he can easily pull off 85+.

my advice would be to give it your full potential for these 2 months or so and see what you can get.

Atar estimates are actually really pointless
Yes, I agree. Atar estimates at this point are pointless, you should really just try your hardest.
And Yes I agree those are good scaling subjects. But you must take in account of his rrank and school rank. Also good scaling subjects don't necessarily guarantee you a good ATAR let me tell you that for sure. So doing the Asian 5 doesn't necessarily you would get an atar or 99.95 jus sayin.

HSC
I go to a top 15 school. Trust me, even with those ranks at my school, you can barely secure a 90. A school ATAR estimate would probably lie in the low-mid 80s. But then again, it really depends on your cohort. So don't get disheartened :) Just try your best!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)