Confused (1 Viewer)

FrequentBF4

HSC
N/A
Okay, remember me, the guy trying to transfer out of UTS well.

It turns out I got some offers

1. Usyd Software Engineering(Dalyell Scholars)
2.UNSW Software Engineering.

Which one should I accept, I'm really tempted to go for the Dalyell Scholars, at USYD but all my friends are at UNSW. Is there a major difference between the two for software engineering.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
If your friends are at UNSW and you were set on UNSW before getting that specific USYD Dalyell Scholar offer, i'd recommend ensuring that program is actually worthwhile. This might be a good place to start: https://community.boredofstudies.org/114/university-sydney/387070/dalyell-scholar.html

I've heard that the USYD program is comparable to the UNSW one content and rigour wise, but UNSW definitely has the stronger reputation for engineering and computer science. UNSW also dominate a lot of comp sci related extra curricular competitions (e.g. ICPC, CySCA) and attract a lot of stronger applicants because of that.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I was referring to the content and quality of subjects in CompSci/SEng at the respective unis, I don't know if UNSW have a direct equivalent to the Dalyell program.

From my understanding, the Dalyell program will let you do some project based units and have an academic mentor. The program you would be transferring out of at UTS had the studio subjects which sound quite similar if im not mistaken, so is this something you are actually interested in or just the name/exclusivity?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)