HSC
lets say we have a class of 5 people for MX1, and A and B are the top kids:

A: Asses: 93/100, Exam: 91/100
B: Asses: 92/100, Exam: 96/100

so in this case

what are the hsc marks of A and B?

HSC
not exactly...

Basically, who ever is internally ranked the highest, no matter what happens in the externals, their mark will be the highest.

so person A will remain 92
and person B will get lower than that

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
not exactly...

Basically, who ever is internally ranked the highest, no matter what happens in the externals, their mark will be the highest.

uhh, the highest mark was 96.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
not exactly...

No, that isn't how it works. The person ranked the highest will receive the highest external mark as their interal mark, but the overall marked is still the average of both the internal and external. So if the person coming 1st got a crappy external mark then their mark will be dragged down.

For eg last year for 2U maths i ended up with an overall mark higher than a few people ranked higher than me because i aced the external HSC exam, much like student B.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Wrong. I came equal 2nd in internals last year (accelerated 2U maths), but overall, I beat the person who came 1st in the internals..

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
not exactly...

No...

Seriously, think about this logically. If that was true, how unfair would it be? That's like a death sentence for people who screwed up their Internals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)