Congratulations Art Express Nominees! (1 Viewer)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
brucefeng644 said:
hmmm...good point

far enough...did martial arts for like a month...does that make me worthy???

hope it does!
No it doesn't because Ninja unlike us lazy asians is awesome and has a Black belt (I'm talking about Hiniku here) ^_^

:) Bruce what did you do for your art major, I need to update the page!

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
I was going to post that a friend of mine got a nomination but in typing this I'm slowly beginning to realise that I hate her. No deal.

fruitarian

HSC
I GOT A NOMINATION!

Woo hoo.......!!!

My teacher rang me a few hrs ago.

What does it mean to be nominated? does that mean im definately in the exhibition/s?

The Cruel Sea

HSC
that phone call just guaranteed you're artistic stardom, perpetuating your inaugural insemination into the mighty post-modern pantheon of pretension.

No, i'm fucking with you, and it sounds like you're teacher was too.

a nomination does not guarantee you an exhibition space, it means your bow will be presented to the curators of each venue, whom will choose a work with reference to a particular theme or medium etc.

However it does mean you achieved the benchmark of 45/50, so congratulations, but don't get your hopes up.

Post your work if you wouldn't mind.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
fruitarian said:
I GOT A NOMINATION!

Woo hoo.......!!!

My teacher rang me a few hrs ago.

What does it mean to be nominated? does that mean im definately in the exhibition/s?
It means you get added to my list?
Lol, it means as the Cruel sea has kindly stated you've achieved the 45/50 + benchmark -- a band 6 for your MW. It also means that you're one of about 800 to be selected by curators into the various exhibitions <3 just getting nominated is an awesome achievement and u should be super happy with urself!

urgay

HSC
hey i was wondering can u stil get 45+ for your artwork and not be selected for art express or is everyone who got over 45 definitely a nominee. i hope not cos i wanted to get 45 but i dont care about gtn in art express i got 48 for my internal mark

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
urgay said:
hey i was wondering can u stil get 45+ for your artwork and not be selected for art express or is everyone who got over 45 definitely a nominee. i hope not cos i wanted to get 45 but i dont care about gtn in art express i got 48 for my internal mark
haha. you suck.
BA @ Southern Cross Uni for joo.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Congrats to all Art Express nominees--rock on you artists! Hmmm, I should go and check the Encore nominations--music = art +1 ;)

urgay

HSC
Wolfowitz said:
haha. you suck.
what the hell are u on about. your a hero did you know that? psssh southern cross uni wat a joke. you should make sense or get a life k thankx babe

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Wolfowitz said:
haha. you suck.
Babe, you suck actually because he was referring to his 48/50 internal mark.
Pwned.

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
urgay said:
To my knowledge, if you get over 45 (this number changes from year to year though) you automatically get nominated. From there the curators step in and choose which works should be in ArtExpress.:)

MARK01

HSC
Our body of works were marked itinerately yesterday and I got news this morning that I got preselected too, and so did 3 others.

So it sort of disproved my teacher's statement that we have less of a chance to get preselected if we're itinerately marked!

rissoleux

HSC
nice one MARKO1! congrats. i have a feeling the other BOW forum with pictures is slightly deserted...i posted there a couple of hours, no recent activitiy though lol

noodan

HSC
MARK01 said:
Our body of works were marked itinerately yesterday and I got news this morning that I got preselected too, and so did 3 others.

So it sort of disproved my teacher's statement that we have less of a chance to get preselected if we're itinerately marked!
congrats!

the teachers i've talked to said that you have more of a chance if its itinerately marked..

anyway.. nice one! :) post a pic if you have some!

vcd0304

HSC
hey.. i got in too.. my art teacher rang this morning.. i was still half asleep..
nway, some photo of my major work.. (not TAT great ;p) it's taken with my crappy camera...

oil paintings, about relationship, culture, postmoderism

http://x12.xanga.com/2e2a65443743275350158/m50893735.jpg
http://xcf.xanga.com/feda915202c3275349962/m50894013.jpg
http://x66.xanga.com/c59a77446633375350305/b50894287.jpg

i'm really happy :) even tho it's only the first round. 800 works get selected? do u guys know how many actually get in? like 50? woah.. tat's less than 1/10 chances..

:) cong' guys..

The Cruel Sea

HSC
according to
http://www.insideartexpress.com.au/artists

57 artists were selected for the NSW gallery

a significantly lesser amount would be selected for each venue i imagine, so how many venues are there, 10 perhaps, so maybe 300 works max.?

who gets selected? let's see, are you well established financially?

HSC
N/A
Out of the approx 8000 body of works sent in each year, around about 800 get nominated for Art Express. Then the curators from each venue step in, and around about 200 works end up being exhibited all up.

So basically, if you're nominated you have about a 1 in 4 chance of being exhibited.

:santa:

biggie walls

HSC
Congrats to everyone pre-selected so far!! You should all be stoked for being nominated!

At my school about half of our works had to be sent off to the marking centre, and the other half (painting + drawing) were marked itinerantly..

Unfortunatly none from the marking centre (mine was one of them) was preselected, however 3 girls that did painting got nominated today!

Kinda bummed that mine didnt get nominated, I had 45 internal... so obviously its gone down externally - - - - - ohwellz, just wish we could wait till after the exam to find out!

Anyway once again, props to all who got nominated, hope you get into AGNSW or COFA or David Jones :p lol whatever floats ya boat...

souffle

HSC
vcd0304 said:
hey.. i got in too.. my art teacher rang this morning.. i was still half asleep..
nway, some photo of my major work.. (not TAT great ;p) it's taken with my crappy camera...

oil paintings, about relationship, culture, postmoderism

http://x12.xanga.com/2e2a65443743275350158/m50893735.jpg
http://xcf.xanga.com/feda915202c3275349962/m50894013.jpg
http://x66.xanga.com/c59a77446633375350305/b50894287.jpg

i'm really happy :) even tho it's only the first round. 800 works get selected? do u guys know how many actually get in? like 50? woah.. tat's less than 1/10 chances..

:) cong' guys..
Those are awesome! I really like the second one :) congrats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)