Congratulations! (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Anaesthesia is my GOAL :( n Ophthalmology is inasero's..

stop stealing specialties :p

inasero

Reborn
HSC
lol he was thinking about psychiatry but got discouraged cos there not much money in it as he thought initially :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Nah it was more a prestige thing...but psychiatry doesn't involve nearly as much evidence-based diagnosis as I'd like. It's all a bunch of "this is what we think" rather than "this is what we know". Also, like I said there's just not enough patient interaction in psych, way too much spot-analysis and medicating.

Anyway, I didn't know you two were going for those things. When I got an eye for anaesthesia, you were up for Max-Fax Alvin. :p

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
no.. i wasnt.. i got discouraged to do Max-fac.. btw.. i think i was in med first so i get dibs ;) lolz

i wanted anaesthesia, since 1) i learnt to spell it.. 2 ) about mid yr.. :D

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Nah it was more a prestige thing...but psychiatry doesn't involve nearly as much evidence-based diagnosis as I'd like. It's all a bunch of "this is what we think" rather than "this is what we know". Also, like I said there's just not enough patient interaction in psych, way too much spot-analysis and medicating.
I highly disagree, having learnt fundamental psychiatry I can definitely tell you that that's not the case even though you might think it's all artsy fartsy...once u start learning it I'm sure your perspective will change.
no.. i wasnt.. i got discouraged to do Max-fac.. btw.. i think i was in med first so i get dibs lolz

i wanted anaesthesia, since 1) i learnt to spell it.. 2 ) about mid yr..
well if you're becoming americanised like the whole of the damn world is...it's "anesthesia"

Estel

Tutor
HSC
I find it amusing that according to the Government figures the average income of a GP is greater than both that of the psychiatrist and the pathologist.

The greatest, incidentally, is the anaesthetist [out of the ones on the table].

inasero: is that 'changing perspective' also known as corruption of the mind? :p

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Estel said:
I find it amusing that according to the Government figures the average income of a GP is greater than both that of the psychiatrist and the pathologist.

The greatest, incidentally, is the anaesthetist [out of the ones on the table].
realli?? Wow...

that latter comment may hav swayed me to be an anaesthetist too lolz.. :D
if im goin to study for a min of 15 yrs.. i pray that id make sumfing to show for it..

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
i wanted anaesthesia, since 1) i learnt to spell it.. 2 ) about mid yr.. :D
You're doing better than me, I can't spell it OR pronounce it.

Actually, I can pronounce anaesthesia (gotta love copy and paste), just not anaesthetist (or whatever...the anaesthetic doctor)

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
what's with the number of girls doing med, the guys are like outnumbered here...

which is a good thing i guess

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
uh, yeah, bob, my course (occupational therapy) is 51 girls and 4 boys.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
girls actualli come off more empathetic.. so in schools tat use interviews..usualli they are the top performers in the selection process

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
girls actualli come off more empathetic.. so in schools tat use interviews..usualli they are the top performers in the selection process
Heh...my cohort has 180 and the only asian girls are fobs.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Nah there's a few women in engineering, due to such programs as "Women in Engineering" etc :rolleyes:

It's the Physical Sciences that really suffer. All the girls are manly or dumb. Or ugly of course, but they don't count.

(am I being politically correct enough yet? oh what a great doctor I shall make)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i did my elective in engineering/maths.. its such a cock-fest there ...

health sciences are the opposite..
but its a pity there is sumfing about some med girls tat can be off-putting.. an ego :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)