Console wars!! (1 Viewer)

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Yeah Gamecube loses its ground on the fact that it makes very "childish-looking" games...other than that, I don't really have any gripes with it. The fact that they make such games is an indicator to its truly dying technology.

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Hold the phone... XBox is 'cutting edge technology'? Where have you been living, under a rock?

Last time I looked it was a P3 with a now-old graphics card of some sort. Yeah. Woo.

Buy XBox new. Buy PC new. See the difference.

-X-

HSC
N/A
Actually it's a celeron, not a p3. And its graphics processor is equivalent to Geforce4 mx i believe. What i like about XBOX is on the fly dolby digital encoding (similar to nforce1 & 2 boards). It really sounds nice playing games with a 5.1 speaker setup!! :)

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
When i said XBOX was cutting-edge technology, I wasn't comparing it to PC. We're talking about consoles here man.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hurrotisrobbo
Hold the phone... XBox is 'cutting edge technology'? Where have you been living, under a rock?

Last time I looked it was a P3 with a now-old graphics card of some sort. Yeah. Woo.

Buy XBox new. Buy PC new. See the difference.
yeah, the difference is my bank balance falls dramatically into the red with the PC, unlike far cheaper xbox.

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Eep, I wasn't talking about price, I was just debating that it's 'cutting edge technology'. Being cheaper doesn't suddenly up its cutting-edge-ness, you know.

As far as only comparing it to other consoles, you could say a Ford Pinto is cutting edge, but it would look kind of strange without the 'compared to a car from the 1940s' qualifier.

Last edited:

kouri

well w t f
HSC
erh...

xbox..has.. halo I + II....
and......thats..around..it. haha..

i'm a sony fan! yay.
and i only have a ps2 anyway :D :D
if and when its modded..it'll be ichiban!

Huss

HSC
N/A
i just cant wait for the N5,

also has anyone seen the specs of the xbox 2. i mean that will be a monster. itll be good to see how it will fair up against the cell powered ps3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)