Conspiracy theory on UAI's (1 Viewer)

in a far far away galaxy.... !splat!....hmmm i don
i want to start a conspiracy folks. my friend had a theory where as we all well know that the UAI is an indication of the demand for a course not the actual dificulty of it. so i propose that with all this bull going on about rising UAI's etc we decrease the UAI's. How ( i hope u scream). why don't we all list down prefs for course we have no desire whatsoever to get into e.g. arts at UWS. from there by doing that we decrease the demand for the courses we really want like at Usyd ofr UNSW, whatever. what do u think?

as captain planet says:
:the power is in your hands
:apig:

Last edited:

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
pfft

there are some what 65,000 students across NSW doing hsc

?? dun think so

Mr.Ugly

Originally posted by chocolate fairy
i want to start a conspiracy folks. my friend had a theory where as we all well know that the UAI is an indication of the demand for a course not the actual dificulty of it. so i propose that with all this bull going on about rising UAI's etc we decrease the UAI's. How ( i hope u scream). why don't we all list down prefs for course we have no desire whatsoever to get into e.g. arts at UWS. from there by doing that we decrease the demand for the courses we really want like at Usyd ofr UNSW, whatever. what do u think?

as captain planet says:
:apig:
i could see that working cept im sure the bos have some gay plan to stop us from doing it

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
and then what happens when you get a uai of 99.95 and end up at Arts at like UOW. You're screwed cos you probably really wanted like law at Sydney :rolleyes:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
you can do a late preference change :)

but yeah getting 50,000 or so people to all do that is impossible

but would be funny to see things like taxation with a UAI of 99 :)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
yeah but then with the late preference change which everyone would do... the uai would go back up again therefore it would not work!!! because more people would be able to apply but the cut off would end up the same... sorry its not logically possible... not even cause of how many people there are and bos having some "plan" just that the uai and shit would go up anyway

Mr.Ugly

Originally posted by Ragerunner

but yeah getting 50,000 or so people to all do that is impossible

but would be funny to see things like taxation with a UAI of 99 :)
and all the people who wanted to do taxation get really pissed off

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Newbie
nice try chocolate fairy :D
Haha!
I was thinking the same Newbie.

I won't select "Land management" or something, rejecting an offer for <name of preferred course here> :)

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
funny chocalate fairy, i was just discussing this with my friend yesterday

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
as captain planet says:
From memory, Captain Planet says - "The power is yours, yours... <more echo>," before jumping back into the rings. :p

Originally posted by Ragerunner
But don't forget, you wouldn't be the only person with a late preference change... :D

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hey hey, i've got an even better idea. how about we just tell people to put down crappy preferences, and then like, secretly, we'll put down combined law and stuff we actually want to do as OUR first preferences!!
brilliant huh! it's 10 times better than this theory thing.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
hey hey, i've got an even better idea. how about we just tell people to put down crappy preferences, and then like, secretly, we'll put down combined law and stuff we actually want to do as OUR first preferences!!
haha!! i was gonna put something like that in my thread .. but decided against it

chocolate fairy is smarter than we think..... ;)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Toodulu
... secretly, we'll put down combined law and stuff we actually want to do as OUR first preferences!!
Now everyone's just going to do that :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i'd do that anyway, but just not secretly - hey everyone, i'm putting as my preferences what i really want to do

in a far far away galaxy.... !splat!....hmmm i don
it was just a thought

apart from the bad misqoute of captain planet, i only put it on since my carreers adviser mentioned something about rising UAIs as a result of the gov being a tight arse and refusing to fund more places ==> higher UAI's. what a bitch. and for those who aren't aware did u know that yes u can change ur preferences and that the record for most changes at UAC is 49 times

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
and that the record for most changes at UAC is 49 times
really? i gotta beat that! it won't be hard! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)