Constructions using geometric instruments? (1 Viewer)

DoctorPie

HSC
What are the basic constructions I need to be able to do (using rulers and compasses) for the questions in the school certificate maths and how do I do them?

I only found out today (two day before...) that I may need to construct a triangle or quadrilateral using geometric instruments.

Any idea on how I do this?

suzlee

HSC
You need a ruler and a compass for most constructions... The questions will often say you're not allowed to use a protractor

It's hard to explain it using words because there are specific steps of drawing arcs and stuff.... Maybe try and find a teacher's resource on the internet. My maths teacher showed us an animated tutorial on how to bisect an angle.

shaon0

HSC
DoctorPie said:
What are the basic constructions I need to be able to do (using rulers and compasses) for the questions in the school certificate maths and how do I do them?

I only found out today (two day before...) that I may need to construct a triangle or quadrilateral using geometric instruments.

Any idea on how I do this?
There's no constructions in SC. Teacher's may say there are, but there aren't any.

rolror88

HSC
N/A
There was one in our trials, and I saw one in a past paper..

suzlee

HSC
rolror88 said:
There was one in our trials, and I saw one in a past paper..

Same ;_;
Maybe it was one of my school's past papers...

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
We had one in our trials too.
And I remember doing it last year... If anyone could find a link to a site and post it that would be great :uhhuh:

4lettersdown

HSC
lol you really dont need to do constructions for the school certificate.... maybe in your trials you had to, but the trial exams r waaaaaaay harder than the actual SC (that goes for every subject)

shaon0

HSC
4lettersdown said:
lol you really dont need to do constructions for the school certificate.... maybe in your trials you had to, but the trial exams r waaaaaaay harder than the actual SC (that goes for every subject)
Its true. There's no constructions in Sc and the trials are a million times harder than the SC.
You can sleep through the exams and still get a band 4 in most subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)