Contact at Board of Studies for Complaint? (1 Viewer)

theMoment

HSC
My class didn't learn t-results and recurrence formula...

But then in our exam, there was one question on t-results which was worth three marks and five marks for the recurrence..

When I got my test back..they said they couldn't do anything about it..and seeing that the test was out of fifty-six..and was worth 30%..I'm quite pissed off

I'm going to talk to the principal tomorrow..but I think it's quite obvious that the principal will side with the teachers..

So I was wondering whether there was a person I could contact at the board of studies regarding this..

thanks

random-1005

Banned
HSC

But then in our exam, there was one question on t-results which was worth three marks and five marks for the recurrence..

When I got my test back..they said they couldn't do anything about it..and seeing that the test was out of fifty-six..and was worth 30%..I'm quite pissed off

I'm going to talk to the principal tomorrow..but I think it's quite obvious that the principal will side with the teachers..

So I was wondering whether there was a person I could contact at the board of studies regarding this..

thanks
no one (SHOULD, provided they didnt read ahead) have got those marks, it shouldnt make a difference

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A

thanks
private or public school?

theMoment

HSC
no one (SHOULD, provided they didnt read ahead) have got those marks, it shouldnt make a difference

there are three 4u classes..

and in the textbook..t-results and recurrence formula are at the end of integration chapter..

Some people in my class answered it cos of tutoring..but I don't go to tutoring colleges so it isn't really fair

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
To my knowledge the BOS doesn't handle teaching issues, except for non-government school inspections. You have to take this to the principal. After that, if it's a government school, then the DET, or if it's private then your school board or equivalent.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Your first step is to read your school's assessment guidelines and the appeals process stated in that document. Follow the school's policy because unless you have done that the BOS won't even look at your situation.

Every school has to have an assessment policy which must include instructions on submissions, special considerations, extensions, absence from assessments etc and in that will be the process to appeal against some aspect of the administration of the assessment.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

thanks
What school are we talking about here? [I'm guessing it's a pretty up there school cause of the three 4U classes]

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A

thanks
Reminds me of what my Physics teacher told me when he taught preliminary 2U for a year in 2000.

He put differentiation involving fractions in a test and got into trouble because the other class hadn't done that yet ..... :S (ie. they had done differentiation, but not with fractions......)

Anyway, by the sounds of it you have a crap teacher who's too lazy to write tests, let alone look at them to see what content is being assessed.

kcqn93

HSC
its 3-4 months til hsc... you should know how to do it either way

plus
they usually say let t= tan@/2

so you can derive that shit from double angles lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)