contact hours first year b science :) (1 Viewer)

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Hours will depend on the subjects you choose. What areas of science are you interested in?

As it stands if you go to all your lectures you're looking at at least 4 days, most likely 5.

Last edited:

study12345

HSC
nutrition and dietetics as well as physiology

do you get two majors?

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Yeah you can do as many majors as you can fit in.

With those majors in mind, first year you'll be studying mathematics, chemistry, biology and molecular biology, with one subject free each semester for an elective. So as it stands, depending on what electives you choose, you are looking at about 21-25 hours a week, which would definitely be spread across 5 days.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
There's Nutrition and Metabolism, which is an undergraduate major, and there's the Master of Nutrition and Dietetics, which is offered to school leavers in combination with the Bachelor of Science (after they've finished the latter).

Don't know which one the OP meant but either way you're still looking at similar subjects and contact hours.

Last edited:

study12345

HSC
i would love to do the masters but not sure ill get in :/
thanks for the help
do you like science at usyd guys? :)

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Oh yes, loving it. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Don't do science :p
(Although I've done some science through the Disicpline of Biomedical science which I've really enjoyed)

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Not being sarcastic, but in hindsight what I said does read back that way haha.

Only thing I haven't liked so far are the practicals, but I'm a physical dyslexic so it shouldn't be a problem for you normal people :p.

Last edited:

study12345

HSC
haha im not such a practical person either. which majors have the least?? :p

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Mathematics and Statistics, which is what I'll be majoring in :). History & Philosophy of Science is all theory as well.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
First year you HAVE to do first year maths (compulsory for all students in a science degree). The way they schedule these classes means you have a minimum of four days a week. Let's say you have MATH1001 and MATH1002. MATH1001 will have lectures on Monday and Tuesday, then MATH1002 will have lectures on Thursday and Friday. Assuming none of your non-maths choices have classes on Wednesdays, then you might be able to pull off a 4 day week.

In regards to subjects without practicals, Psychology, Maths, and History and Philosophy of Science are good options.

pHyRe

HSC
My mate managed 4 days with Med Science (same as science for 1st year). But it's minimum 20 hours a week. More like 24ish depending on subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)