contemporary issue (1 Viewer)

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Crimes against humanity would suck though, you become limited in what you can talk about. You can't mention slavery or anything, and Australia doesn't have many domestic examples of crimes against humanity either.
ig u can talk abt sudan, rwanda, Yugoslavia and Australia's response of economic sanctions and media

ArcaneTemplar

HSC
ig u can talk abt sudan, rwanda, Yugoslavia and Australia's response of economic sanctions and media
Not strong however. I think it'll be a broad question on international crime; they probably won't curveball us and give us a specific syllabus point with little domestic examples. But then again, it is NESA...

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Not strong however. I think it'll be a broad question on international crime; they probably won't curveball us and give us a specific syllabus point with little domestic examples. But then again, it is NESA...
yeah considering they went specific with transnational, they might go specific with crimes against int community

ArcaneTemplar

HSC
yeah considering they went specific with transnational, they might go specific with crimes against int community
Taking a look at NESA's syllabus reccomendation, and the Cambridge textbook, you can really only mention the ICC, a case like Lubanga and maybe the enactment of the Rome Statute within statute law with The International Criminal Court Act 2002 (Cth)? Again, if they ask a question about crimes against humanity, they are seriously screwing a lot of people over. Including me </3

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Taking a look at NESA's syllabus reccomendation, and the Cambridge textbook, you can really only mention the ICC, a case like Lubanga and maybe the enactment of the Rome Statute within statute law with The International Criminal Court Act 2002 (Cth)? Again, if they ask a question about crimes against humanity, they are seriously screwing a lot of people over. Including me </3
but in essence u can still talk abt tribunal for rwanda (genocide), ICC and Russia and role of ICJ's inclusion, sudan humanitarian crisis and role of amnesty international

ArcaneTemplar

HSC
but in essence u can still talk abt tribunal for rwanda (genocide), ICC and Russia and role of ICJ's inclusion, sudan humanitarian crisis and role of amnesty international
It just feels so strange to not use many domestic measures yk? If it's a question like "Assess domestic measures in responding to crimes against humanity" I will cry

nsw..wollongong

HSC
It just feels so strange to not use many domestic measures yk? If it's a question like "Assess domestic measures in responding to crimes against humanity" I will cry
fr the only thing u can talk abt then is like, media and NGOs, ig economic sanctions. its hard to not make it a human rights argument

tripin

HSC
It won’t be Young Offenders - that was asked last year.

Transnational crime was last examined in 2015 and the exam committee got a big smack because if one of your options is World Order, you have an unfair advantage and 3/4 of the paper is about mainly overseas matters (Human Rights, Transnational Crime, World Order)

but it is in the syllabus so it could happen again

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC

Transnational crime was last examined in 2015 and the exam committee got a big smack because if one of your options is World Order, you have an unfair advantage and 3/4 of the paper is about overseas matters (HR, Transnational Crime, WO)

but it is in the syllabus so it could happens again
i just want a cip essay im so prepared for that

nsw..wollongong

HSC
no the question itself wasn't abt young offenders, it just so happened that the stimulus was about age of crim responsibility, the question was abt cjs or cip

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)