Contest by Matthew Reilly (Matthew Reilly thread) (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Yes. It's a sequel to Seven Ancient Wonders called The Six Sacred Stones.

kloudsurfer

HSC
I met Matthew Reilly years ago before i even started reading his books! I wish I had read them before i met him now!

Anyway, Ive only read a few of them. They are not usually my kind of books, I usually go for things with a bit more depth, but i love them. They are just pure, fun entertaining books. Although some criticise him for writing books like they are hollywood action movies, that can be a good thing since it gets all those tv watching people who dont normally read interested in books.

Just finished Hover Car Racer. I really enjoyed it, it was a fun read (though i wonder if it should be in the kids section at the library rather than the adults where i got it from). Any news on the movie?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
No. There's nothing in the works right now, even without the screenwriters' strike in America.

musicdiva

HSC
Temple was awesome deffinatly my fav but the other books are really good as well i only havn't read hover car racer is it good
is there really a new book coming out that would be so cool especially if it is sequal to seven ancient wonders!

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
It's not a case of "coming out"; The Six Sacred Stones is already in stores. Has been for nearly a month now.

stirred-martini

HSC
matthew reilly is a great writer. brilliant and has a great person. i met him at a his book signing. the newest jack west jr book 'six sacred wonders' is the greatest but there is a bad ending.
ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!! :eek: there are many 'o my god what the hell!!!' great read its been out a month and i have read it four times.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
jamienumber9 said:
I started reading 7 Ancient wonders and to be honest, I can't see how it was a success. I thought it was horrible, and simply couldn't go on with it.

It seemed like the script to one of those action movies that comes around every now and then that stars someone like Vin Diesel, has a million adverts and trailers and tons of hype. But then of course, you get into the cinema and start watching the movie, only to be distracted of the far more interesting challenge of trying to insert your entire fist into your own mouth.

Well, that's what it was like for me anyway, but, to each their own.
:wave:

Six Sacred Stones is worse ... And I actually really enjoyed his other works :eek:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
The_highwayman said:
six sacred stones 'ends' really badly :(
He basically violates the trust between an author and a reader in doing what he did with the ending. The reader expects and trusts an author will tell a story in its entirety and while The Six Sacred Stones certainly has its own standalone plot - the first two pillars - it doesn't end the way it should. So far I'm found opinion is divided between readers: they either love it or hate it; there's no middle ground.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
exactly. i started reading the novel under the impression that it would house it's own story. I knew it followed on from Seven ancient wonders, but unlike it's predecessor, 6 sacred stones doesnt really have any sort of satisfactory ending. I mean, if i had known it would finish so suddenly i would have waited for the next one and read them together. unfortunately, by the time the next novel in the supposed 'series' (it's the first i've heard of it!) is released i'll have forgotten many of the details of the current novel (just like i have with 7 ancient wonders).

I just dont feel fulfilled by the tale and am left thinking that the last two days have been pretty much wasted.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
It'll probably work better once th next in the series is released. The Six Sacred Stones serves largely as exposition for the next book, whatever the title may be. That way, we just jump straight in and we don't run the risk of another lacklustre Scarecrow-esque effort where Reilly tried to reveal everything gradually, but the effect was lost in the redundant action. The final sequence of Scarecrow when they were chasing he missle should have been incredile, but the effect was lost because of all the action before it.
But I honestly hope Jack West is dead, if only to raise some interesting character development between Lily and the part and quite possibly JJ Wickham.

G

Gavvvvvin

Terrible book. Its like he just thought to himself "I've got enough pages for a book now, may as well stop writing!".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)