Conversation - Names (2 Viewers)

Dan_the_man

My conversation was on Cloudstreet

by two characters were

a priest (shortened to P)
and Cecil, shortened CJ- a drunk aboriginie

it was pretty bad I think.... didn't really relate to the question... but quite humouros.... hopefully the marker just doesn't mind a little.... or amybe a lot of swearing in the dialog..... it was only from the drunk aborigine... based on a local character... Cecil (CJ) Foster.... he didn't understand what allusions were.... he thought the priest was talking about hallucinations
:argue: then they argued and it concluded quite shittily :(

stressed02

how did you guys set your 'conversation' out - like did you have an introduction, conclusion? i did an intro about both perspectives and then did the conversation thing.
it just occurred to me that i didn't finish my conversation, like i just stopped writing and went **** it, it sounded so stupid - i dont understand why they would get us to do that, after studying King Lear for all this time, thinking it would be all those difficult questions... and now it will just sound like crap!

A_Storia

Person 1 and person 2. Shortened to P1 and P2. Sounded like I was talking about to mixed up bannanas. Person 2 kept on getting stuck into post-modernism, bless his little cotton socks.

macca202

i just went straight into it
A: hey brian, did you.....
and finished it
B: Oh no look at the time ive got to go, (i really was out of time, i did this last)

jemjem

oh dear... i used peter brook (PB) and akira kurosawa (AK). Alot of people from my school used real directors/producers like that . Does that mean that we're all wrong?

sif not 99

for my marxist reading my bloke was called Comrade Castro and for the redemptive/spiritual I called her Miss Charity, got em doing asides and drinkin vodka and shit =)

managed to bag the hell outa postmodernism at the same time quite fun

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
does names matter that much?
I used Wang - supporting Donne's style, wit, conciet etc, and I used Stef - supporting traditional poetic convention
it was basically T.S Eliot and Samuel Johnson with diff. names (two of the extreme critics of Donne's poetry)

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
Hey minai, i didnt approach it like that - go on icq dude!

I used names for the conversation, but within the converstaion, the two guys talked about the critics. I also talked about Feminist, but i didnt spell out the petrarican aspect - but i did allude to it

EXA BOY

am i still the only person who used the actual critics names?? i used TS Eliot and MJCreenan and i also backed up their points with 2 other critics Annemarie robertson and CS Lewis.... did i do it wrong or am i gonna get bonus marks cause im different???

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
I dont think u'll get penalised or anything.
Everyone seemed to adopt the persona of the critics into their two characters - which i didnt do

kaseita

Joe - deep logical literary thinker
Sue - Feminist, Petrarchan, fairly shallow reading.

Just went straight into it, as if it was an extension of the conversation, and ended it like they were going to talk about something else.

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Sam and Phil talking about Donne. Yeah.

And ended with:

Sam: Well. That's done with then, I suppose.
Phil: So. What's next?
Sam: Umm... Plath?

{Insert Canned Laughter. Or not, as the case may be}

Hmm. 1/20?

I'm done with Donne. <-- I'm in a comedian-mood, now. Well. Not really. AARGH! Just ignore me, then!

sleepy

muahahahah
i used A and B too!!!
took me a long long time to think that up
i was wondering how da hell do u write a conversation for like 15 mins and i only had 10 mins left b4 i thought of A and B
coz i did the conversation last...
A: hey, have u been to the ATSIC site recently?
B: yeah its really cool...

really really lame:rolleyes:

Doylie

I used Irene (a devout feminist) and David (traditionalist, supporting an aristotelian reasing) although i think once i managed to call the male character Peter instead of David.. oops..
Mine was in the format of a debate on TV, which ended with David storming off stage because he couldn't accept that anyone would be so ignorant as to "molest" shakespeare to suit the feminist agenda.. I hope the femmi-nazi's at the marking centre dont mark me down too much for that.. :)

evie

Mine ended with:

A- I think I'm going to watch Brook's interpretation because you've made me see things from a diff. perspective--blah blah blah
B- Yeah, isn't it great that despite our different perspectives we've come to the conclusion that Lear is if not, the best tragedy ever written.

Ack. I couldn't think of a better way if ending it.

CoYLiE

Karl Marx (Marxist critique)
Germaine Greer (Feminist critique)
And Ondaatje was just cutting in here and there also whenever he felt like it
:argue:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)