Convicted criminal? (1 Viewer)

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
I recently got asked by a guy who's been to juvy and he tells me about a lot of illegal stuff that he does. I said yes because he's a nice person but my brother doesn't want me to go out with him because he's afraid I'm blending in with the wrong crowd.

What should I do?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
If you like him, you like him.

Just be aware of whether you are being pressured to do something or not. And make sure you don't get played or anything.

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
But that’s only the start of my problems.

A couple of nights ago, my besty, her now ex (at which he was her bf) and my bf were in a high speed police chase and her ex was behind the wheel. My besty was thrown out of the car at 60 km and my bf had to voluntarily jump out of the car, because her ex wouldn’t stop, reaching speeds of 190 km/ph.

Her ex now is saying that my bf was videoing everything but his friends which also turn out to be her ex’s friends as well, saying it’s not true. And this is what I heard from her, is that my bf was planning to steal thousands of dollars worth of computers from a place which sacked one of his friends.

He’s never denied he’s been in trouble with the police. I even remembering when I first talked to him, he was telling me how he was due to appear in court for breaking into cars days later.

And in front of my besty, I feel like I have to defend a criminal that turns out to be my bf, in which I do love, but I've known her longer than him, in fact, I've only known my bf since the start of this year while I've known my besty for about 5 years.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
erm, if you are cool with him being a little on the bad boy side then thats ok. There are risks though, so if you are going to tread this path just be aware all the time and never trust him completely[or you might wake up and all your shit is missing]
Also you are probably going to start mixing with a few shadier people, they can be cool but dont ever tell them stuff about where you live or if you are going on holidays or anything. Also always be prepared to cover your ass incase they try and implicate you in a crime. If you know they are going off to steal stuff, go to a party so if you get named you have a solid alibi, stuff like that.

Bendeguz

HSC
I advise you not to mix with that kind of person. I personaly do not believe that you could have a healthy relationship with such a person. He may very well have a nice personality, but his actions are unacceptable and it is unlikely to turn out well in the long term. Keep your distance.

G

Gavvvvvin

Go for it as long as you don't mind doing it in some kind of conjugal caravan when hes back behind bars. I've seen the movies. I know how this works!

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
Optophobia said:
How old is he?
He's my age 18.

And now my besty has gotten back together with her ex that almost killed her. So I sent her a message saying

"Dont bother turning up to my party if u r goin 2 get back together with Shaun. I'm not going to allow it, nor my mum. u obviously dnt care about me cos I was shakin when I found out what happened."

And I'm afraid my besty is starting to tell me bullshit stories of how my bf has nearly gotten her killed by doing sharp corners and doing burn outs on the road. But I don't understand. She's not trying to protect me, in fact, my bf is the first one i've had in 6 months, and i don't see why she's trying to get me to hate my bf. Her now ex/bf nearly got her killed and she's sayin that what my bf has done is worse than that?

This is what Shaun is up for:

> Driving an unregistered car
> Driving while in possession
> Driving unliceanced
> Endangering bodily harm x 4
> Having a passenger wearing no seat belt (that was my bf)
> Resisting arrest
> Thieft (cos he stole some stuff from Kmart for my besty)

Compared to what my bf has done in the past.

And the only people I have told about my bf's past is one of my brothers, two of my close friends and that's it. I dnt want my mum to know.

tem197

SLUR DESTRUCTIVE
HSC
are you absoloutely retarded? seriously.

why would you go out with this guy? its obvious something bad is going to happen and it will all end in tragedy or something.

dont be stupid, take my advice, its the same story over and over. it happened to my sister and one of my best friends.

if you keep going out with the guy your gonna end up in some kind of shit, i guarentee you.

love is blind - you cant see the guys a retard.

seriously i dont mean to offend you, but it makes me angry to see how frigging ignorant people are.

SweetSeasons

HSC
hope your man doesn't mind you posting his criminal history on here... I'd be careful..

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
hope your man doesn't mind you posting his criminal history on here... I'd be careful..
That's not his criminal history. It's what my best friend's (now) bf is up for on that night that he almost killed my bf and her. He's done much worse stuff than what I've mentioned but I think I do believe him when he says he is changing and that he does regret a lot of the stuff that he's done in the past.

But when I think about it, my bf hasn't landed my besty in hospital, like what her (now) bf did to her on the night of the accident.

Last edited:

Skeeta

HSC
I fthings fall through, and your heartbroken. You have to know that you were aware of what you were getting yourself into.

If you date him you have to be prepared for the possible consequences.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
i dont see what your bestfriends boyfriend has to do with this topic. are you using his extended criminal record as an excuse for dating a pettier criminal?

everyone deserves a second chance, but from the sounds of it this kid (yes, he still sounds like a kid) isnt willing to change his ways.

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
DeathB4Life said:
i dont see what your bestfriends boyfriend has to do with this topic. are you using his extended criminal record as an excuse for dating a pettier criminal?
No.

Like I said before, I know he's trying to change but it's not the way I was brought up. I was brought up to be honest with my folks and I feel like I can't be honest, because I am also afraid that they wont like him if they find out about his history and I dnt want them to know. But at the same time, I'm afraid I might end up in deep shit because of him, other than being in shit with my parents, more like the law.

emuthegreat

HSC
The stories confusing .. lol

Seriously dear, at the end of the day nobody can make the decisions for you but yourself, we can only advise you. However, if we give advise against your desires, you'll probably make the opposite decision anyway.

Depends on how much you want to be with him . Is it worth risking your friends and parents judgement on you? Is it worth the time? Has he changed since the time of crime committed etc etc .

I've gone out with a guy (18) who went to juvi for something he did when he was 16 . After 2 months, I ended the relationship because I realised he was too over-protective and I was scared what he would do to me considering his past . My friends hated him, but still, the decision was mine . However, everything in life is a lesson, I learnt a lot from it. So you have to make that decision, remember, everyone makes mistakes in life, it's whether they're willing to change for a second shot at it :)

I hope you make the right decision, don't ever let anyone make you feel low just because you make different decisions . Everyones an individual :)

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
wow, in light of all this, i think it would be advisable to find a new crowd altogether.

your responsible for what you do, and it wont affect me, but i would strongly recommend that you stay outta this one, cause it does not seem like this guy is goin to turn a new leaf anytime soon.

CieL

HSC
I just kept shaking my head throughout your stories..

I personally hate people who have nothing better to do with their own lives at a young age. In the area I work in, I deal with bogans all the time.

I dont know about you, but when I date someone, I actually do look for someone who will have a potentially successful future, not behind bars.. And I don't see anything good happening between you and your current bf.. But I don't suppose you know better as you seem to be in the wrong crowd already and it's messed with your head..

Any reasonable person would avoid these situations.

carreau

HSC
So you're some sort of sucker for the guy who you think you can change?

I hate people like this Shaun kid or his mate, who ever breaks into cars and does that sort of crap on the road. Gets me pulled over and hassled by cops all the time.

In fact you already said that one of them breaks into cars and such yea? Name is Shaun.. Make it easier for me and pass over some more details so I can pay him a visit please.

I've seen plenty of girls like you who fall for these types of guys.. It almost always leads to trouble.. Blokes like that are always too wired up for no reason. I saw a while ago a guy similar in description to this Shaun kid, bite off his girlfriend's lip because they had an argument.

Last edited:

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
there are so many nice boys out there, why would you go with a convicted criminal for?? what if he turns violent, or tries to steal your parents' car? do you really want to take these chances?

besides its not worth it because you would always be feeling guilty about not telling your parents.

you dont want to get into such an emotionally draining relationship in your HSC year!

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
Just for the record...

My bf's name is not Shaun. I hate Shaun for nearly trying to kill the friend who's stupid enough to go back out with him.

And guess, what....my bf wants to move in with me, despite the fact that I still live with my parents, his parents are kicking him out, and he wants to crash at my place. What I am afraid of, is that he's going to do some shit around Bathurst and the cops are going to turn up at my place and then my folks will find out. The only person I've honestly told about my bf's past, is my 19 yr old brother who's dead scared that I am going to end up in jail because of my bf. I don't want to say no, because I'm afraid that he'll break up with me and probably break into my house, because he knows where I live. It would either be my house, or my sister's house, because that's where my 18th was held on Friday night and he was there especially for me.

And what I am also afraid of, is that he's using me as an escape route, to get away from everything and everyone in Sydney. Because apparrently, he wants to start over his life and it would be a better life if he had it with me. And after I finish school, he most probably wants to move out with me. In which I wouldn't mind, but I've only been going out with him for a month!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)