Coop Bookshop (1 Viewer)

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
You can also find what books you need through the extremely unwiedly MQ Portal thing, click on where it says "Student Information" up the top and it will show you your current units and a link to the relevent page on the Coop site.

PS - Yay, I just turned 20!:)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Hmm...I just realised something. I'm sure you guys are already aware of this feature...but if you log into your student email address and then click on 'Student Information' there is a direct link to the textbooks for your subject. Easier than navigating through the Co-op website (a website address I can never remember).

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
Either Texts in the City has gone broke, or Co-op has taken over it. If you goto their website, its leads to Co-op's website now.

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
The course notes are online... well for ling units anyway! :p Anyway, last year the coop bookshop had a 25% discount on all textbooks and still i ended up saving up a lot of money. Anyway, this semester i have to buy like 15 books for study and I'm so not looking forward to it! :eek:

p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s

mademoiselleN
HSC
marchetta said:
The course notes are online... well for ling units anyway! :p Anyway, last year the coop bookshop had a 25% discount on all textbooks and still i ended up saving up a lot of money. Anyway, this semester i have to buy like 15 books for study and I'm so not looking forward to it! :eek:

Does anyone have insider information as to which week they have 25% off? :p or when it was last year?

At the moment it's 15% off (as opposed to 10% off) for members.

Decisions Decisions...

this busl320 pack is at $184 RRP...ahhhhhhh. i'm feeling v. stingy right now.

X

xeuyrawp

p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s said:
Does anyone have insider information as to which week they have 25% off? :p or when it was last year?

At the moment it's 15% off (as opposed to 10% off) for members.

Decisions Decisions...

this busl320 pack is at $184 RRP...ahhhhhhh. i'm feeling v. stingy right now.
Wasn't that the early-bird special, which started a week or two before sem, and then finished first week back?

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
I recieved my 25% discount like two weeks before the semester started... but that was last semester. Not sure they will have the 25% now though.

buddys

HSC
i thought they had the 25% discounts to compete with texts in the city...now that theyre gone maybe they wont have the 25% discount??

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
cpjeeves said:
You can also find what books you need through the extremely unwiedly MQ Portal thing, click on where it says "Student Information" up the top and it will show you your current units and a link to the relevent page on the Coop site.

PS - Yay, I just turned 20!:)
GoodToGo said:
Hmm...I just realised something. I'm sure you guys are already aware of this feature...but if you log into your student email address and then click on 'Student Information' there is a direct link to the textbooks for your subject. Easier than navigating through the Co-op website (a website address I can never remember).
i didn't know about that feature - thanks. co op is annoying to navigate.
happy bday cpjeeves, you're a young 03er

prusso said:
co op bought them out apparently
:angry: what absolute bs, they could never deal with the competition. co op is such a monopoly.

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
happy bday cpjeeves, you're a young 03er
Thanks! Yeah I skipped year 4 so I've always been one of the youngest in my year. It's weird to realise I can't blame any of my stupid actions on being a 'reckless teen' anymore, lol.

HSC
What times are co-op open next week? Is it open on saturdays?

As im doing external units, do i still needa get texts or do they supply em?
And with buying readings ... can we buy em next week?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I think the opening hours are on the coop website, just search for MQ.

Yes, you still need to buy the texts as an external student. Why would they supply them? You're just like an internal student, just not on campus :p

Most readers will be available next week, but not all will be. For example, I know my law readers are out now, but my psych ones aren't out until week 2. You'll just have to check the list (usually posted on a board outside the course note shop).

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Last edited:

orangeguy

HSC
N/A

jinghuang

HSC
N/A
the text list is no longer on the coop website, any1 knows why

mserica

HSC
Co op is open on the weekends, just call for their trading hours - I went there on a weekend just recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)