Copenhagen retards (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Link

Ms Jorgensen reckons that between her and her rivals the total number of limos in Copenhagen next week has already broken the 1,200 barrier. The French alone rang up on Thursday and ordered another 42. "We haven't got enough limos in the country to fulfil the demand," she says. "We're having to drive them in hundreds of miles from Germany and Sweden.

please, read the whole damn thing for yourself.

Good going morons. Your climate submit about not wasting too many resources to save the planet has turned into a lavish orgy. Meanwhile I have to get yelled at by enviro-nazis for not turning my computer off at the power point.

Thank goodness we have imbecilic hypocritical celebrities looking out for our environment.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
This is clear evidence that the Earth is actually cooling and so-called 'climate change' is part of the global communist conspiracy to steal our precious bodily fluids.

redmayne

HSC
This is clear evidence that the Earth is actually cooling and so-called 'climate change' is part of the global communist conspiracy to steal our precious bodily fluids.
Dude, Nick Minchin says it is. It has to be true.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

yeah because I was using this topic to question the validity of global warming

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Your climate submit about not wasting too many resources to save the planet has turned into a lavish orgy.
+1 and beyonnnnnnnnnndd

lol and ironically they'll probably end up doing more damage to the planet in this 'attempt' to save it

murphyad

HSC
To be fair, the Copenhagen people realise this and are making attempts to mitigate it.

*Delegates are encouraged to use mass transit around the city as much as they can, furthermore 200 bicycles are for their exclusive use.

*200 climate-friendly (biofuel powered) limos are on hand if buses or bikes are not suitable.

*Furthermore, the organisers have struck a deal with Bangladesh to help offset emissions by providing funding for some more environmentally-friendly industrial facility (can't quite recall which) in that country.

Let's not forget that there are something like 20,000 delegates. With the logistics of getting them all there and back, it was inevitable that emissions would be high. What makes Copenhagen different from the average summit is that attempts are being made to compensate, and we should at least be thankful for that.

Penny Wong

HSC
N/A
Link

Ms Jorgensen reckons that between her and her rivals the total number of limos in Copenhagen next week has already broken the 1,200 barrier. The French alone rang up on Thursday and ordered another 42. "We haven't got enough limos in the country to fulfil the demand," she says. "We're having to drive them in hundreds of miles from Germany and Sweden.

Good going morons. Your climate submit about not wasting too many resources to save the planet has turned into a lavish orgy. Meanwhile I have to get yelled at by enviro-nazis for not turning my computer off at the power point.

Thank goodness we have imbecilic hypocritical celebrities looking out for our environment.
You try showing up in anything but a limo, douchebag.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Let's not forget that there are something like 20,000 delegates.
There doesn't NEED to be 20,000 delegates.

Heck, this thing could have been done by video conference and still achieved what it is going to achieve (nothing) but without the emissions.

With the logistics of getting them all there and back,

doesn't explain why pollution machines like limousines and private jets were AT ALL necessary.

it was inevitable that emissions would be high.
no, it was inevitable there were going to be emissions, but absolutely no efforts by the delegates themselves were made to keep them down.

and we should at least be thankful for that.
fuck that shit. You have a bunch of moronic, self indulgent, self righteous celebrites throwing a huge, wasteful party at which they essentially preach that people shouldn't be wasteful and should respect the environment.

I have absolutely nothing to be thankful for because there shouldn't have been ridiculously high emissions to compensate for in the first place.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
i guess leaders too poor to afford limos are the real heroes

murphyad

HSC
There doesn't NEED to be 20,000 delegates.

Heck, this thing could have been done by video conference and still achieved what it is going to achieve (nothing) but without the emissions.
Maybe videoconferencing would work, but the same opportunities for negotiation are just not there. Simply put, more can be achieved person-to-person and in less time, which is why they have these big conferences in the first place.

Climate change negotiation is an extraordinarily complex business. Every man and his dog wants in on the wheeling and dealing. For such a wide reaching agreement, it is only fair that diverse interest groups (business, govt, NGOs etc) get a say.

doesn't explain why pollution machines like limousines and private jets were AT ALL necessary.
The limos I can kinda agree with, maybe they should all get hybrid cars or something. But what alternative is there to private jets? Private sailboats? World leaders flying Economy?

no, it was inevitable there were going to be emissions, but absolutely no efforts by the delegates themselves were made to keep them down.
If they use mass transit and bikes to get around Copenhagen as has been strongly recommended to them, I'd say that constitutes an effort. But I guess we'll wait and see.

fuck that shit. You have a bunch of moronic, self indulgent, self righteous celebrites throwing a huge, wasteful party at which they essentially preach that people shouldn't be wasteful and should respect the environment.
I have no idea whether to agree with you or not because the summit hasn't even started. If you want to pass COP15 off as a waste, fine, but it's not really all that valid at this point.
[/U][/QUOTE]

Lukybear

HSC
Link

Your just pissed cause you got yelled at.

But it hasnt even really started yet, so why lose so hope so early?

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Simply put, more can be achieved person-to-person and in less time, which is why they have these big conferences in the first place
[/u]
[/quote]
time will prove so to be incorrect
even with physical meetings skeptic retards will question they're way out of any form of 'true' decision at copenhagen

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
There's a reasonable threat on the lives of world leaders (I'm assuming that there's some there but I don't actually know), so it's safe to say bicycles and public transport would be out of the question for those people. Then there are the protesters...

Amogh

HSC
N/A
ye you've got a point
but what could you possibly protest for at this summit?
tougher action?..before it has even begun?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
ye you've got a point
but what could you possibly protest for at this summit?
tougher action?..before it has even begun?
For living in mud and squalor in order to avoid anymore emissions.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
A political conference:

Where rich powerful people have a nice holiday, eat delicious food, get drunk, fuck some hookers and get carted around in limos. In the mean time they can make deals that are politically and financially advantageous to themselves and the interests they represent.

Meanwhile, you get to pick up the bill.

What a fucking joke. The only good thing about it is that it wastes time that these politicians could be using to fuck up their countries back home.

murphyad

HSC
Where rich powerful people have a nice holiday, eat delicious food, get drunk, fuck some hookers and get carted around in limos.
That's a bad hyperbole and you know it.

This goes for anyone doing the same thing: save your judgements for when it's over.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
That's a bad hyperbole and you know it.

This goes for anyone doing the same thing: save your judgements for when it's over.
It's barely hyperbole.

They don't all do all of those things, but they are not doing it tough either. They certainly enjoy a lot of luxuries paid for by taxpayers that are way above and beyond what would be provided at a typical business conference, and that exceed what is necessary for them to be able to do their job.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
1) why is this light and offbeat?
2) How did I not see this >_>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)