"Copy or trace the diagram into your writing booklet" (1 Viewer)

emilios

HSC
In the circle geo q's that tell us to copy the diagram, what happens if you don't? Like if all your proofs are still valid will you be deducted any marks?

mreditor16

HSC
From what I've heard, they dock one mark for not following it. However, if you got zero in that while Q which links to the diagram, you lose no marks.

But I haven't had this confirmed. So don't trust me 100% on it.

HSC
They don't award marks for drawing do they?

But I think with circle geo, the markers want YOUR diagram and markings on it so they can follow your proof, rather than getting a paper and then looking for what you've done (time consuming and pisses them off)

mreditor16

HSC
They don't award marks for drawing do they?

But I think with circle geo, the markers want YOUR diagram and markings on it so they can follow your proof, rather than getting a paper and then looking for what you've done (time consuming and pisses them off)
Especially if you have made any constructions or new points.

Sometimes, if they ask you to copy/trace it, it is a hint that a construction may be required. That's something I have observed with trial papers...

HSC
Especially if you have made any constructions or new points.

Sometimes, if they ask you to copy/trace it, it is a hint that a construction may be required. That's something I have observed with trial papers...
One thing that pisses me off is drawing graphs.

They have to be neat
Exam pressure ------> Fail graph first time -----> rub it out -----> Smudges ------> Rage inside head ------> Ugly graph

emilios

HSC
One thing that pisses me off is drawing graphs.

They have to be neat
Exam pressure ------> Fail graph first time -----> rub it out -----> Smudges ------> Rage inside head ------> Ugly graph
don't do graphs in pencil! they need to be in pen.

if you phail the first time, redraw it on the same diagram to be 100% sure that your graph is right

THEN cross out that diagram and draw a new, cleaner one :) not THAT time consuming if you consider the risk-reward

harrypotterfan

HSC

if you phail the first time, redraw it on the same diagram to be 100% sure that your graph is right

THEN cross out that diagram and draw a new, cleaner one :) not THAT time consuming if you consider the risk-reward
Imo do it in pencil first its much easier to 'adjust' it. then go over in pen

HSC

Seriously? I thought graphs in pen lost marks

Immortality

Rekt by Adv. English
HSC
For physics exams, do we need to draw in pencil or pen now since its scanned lols

IR

HSC

True. especially because pencil marks fade out over time,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)