Copying a phrase from an essay in year 11 (1 Viewer)

lolitaaa

HSC
Hello :) I am writing an essay and I was looking at my yr 11 one and came across a really good phrase that I used. Now, last year I came top and I used that phrase in the essay that my teacher photocopied and sent to BOS as a sample. So if I write that phrase in my essay this year and if I get the top mark again, will I be caught for plagiarism of my own work? Thanks in advance

lavender1001

HSC
I have no idea if its considered plagiarism or not but if it isn't, then by all means use that phrase. English is about reflecting and refining so if it awesome, use it. Sorry, I haven't really answered your question but you know, just putting it out there.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
For all plagarism cases I believe the bos will contact you directly and if you have sufficient proof which you do, that you wrote it im year 11 you should be fine.

Fyi. 20 or so people get caught for plagarism throughout the state. So no need to fret. Unless you have srsly pulled major parts out of another recognisible essay.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Fawun

Queen
HSC
For all plagarism cases I believe the bos will contact you directly and if you have sufficient proof which you do, that you wrote it im year 11 you should be fine.

Fyi. 20 or so people get caught for plagarism throughout the state. So no need to fret. Unless you have srsly pulled major parts out of another recognisible essay.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
What about paraphrasing

enoilgam

HSC
Technically, this is plagiarism. You are not allowed to take stuff from your previous works and incorporate it into new ones without acknowledgement. Personally, I think it is absolutely ridiculous, but it is a rule and people have been caught out for it at a uni level.

lolitaaa

HSC
Technically, this is plagiarism. You are not allowed to take stuff from your previous works and incorporate it into new ones without acknowledgement. Personally, I think it is absolutely ridiculous, but it is a rule and people have been caught out for it at a uni level.
What has this world come to... haha yes I agree

madharris

HSC
N/A
What? I do this all of the time at uni! hahaha!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)