Corby's sentence cut by five years (1 Viewer)

K

katie_tully

"OMG we're not happy we're going to appeal this one too!!! The government hasn't helped us!!!!"

Sentence reduced by 5 years, she's already served one - I'd be happy with that. Shits me that the bogan mother keeps blaming the Australian government though.

K

katie_tully

No, what craps me off about the bali bombers, is that the convicted "masterminds", or people involved have all been given reduced sentences...sentences which didn't amount to 20 years anyway.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
bobin2 said:
corby is innocent... y the hell would she be taking drugs into the country?.. it doesn't make sense..she has no past record of drug involvement etc...
and secondly the dealth penalty for drug importation is just wrong.. and Indonesia is stuped for advocating it.. they are equating murder(s) to the same level as drug smuggling..

for those ppl who think she should get death.. i would luv to see you in her position ..

if there is any reason for doubt.. she should be let go..
Do the crime, do the time :p

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
The next logical step for the media outlets in their struggle for ratings is to air the executions...should be gripping television.

Rorix

HSC
my sharona said:
Oh geez, you're a Telegraph reader. :rolleyes:
It is clear that by your reading of a newspaper other than the Telegraph you have demonstrated your superior intellect over other posters on this website.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
She should just be happy she didnt get death or life imprisionment. I'd take the 15 years and shut up..... Everytime she appeals she exposes herself to life imprision again....

K

katie_tully

Hahaha yeah.
"Jesus we're sick of her appealing.....30 years!"

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Rorix said:
It is clear that by your reading of a newspaper other than the Telegraph you have demonstrated your superior intellect over other posters on this website.
Yes. The Daily Telegraph provides a high level of intellectual stimulation. Never misdleading and never sensationalist. Always interested in true and honest reporting.

K

katie_tully

Actually, for Frontline we got banned from using the Telegraph, it had to be a newspaper considered "worthy". I would have thought the Tele would have been an excellent resource for representations of the truth.

Rorix

HSC
erawamai said:
Yes. The Daily Telegraph provides a high level of intellectual stimulation. Never misdleading and never sensationalist. Always interested in true and honest reporting.

Good luck finding any newspaper on this earth which never is misleading, never sensationalises a story and accurately reports every event.

If you actually want to learn about foreign situations the newspaper is one of the worst places to start. But rock on, dude, keep reading Coloum 8. It's awesomely hillarious. :rolleyes:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Rorix said:
Good luck finding any newspaper on this earth which never is misleading, never sensationalises a story and accurately reports every event.
I don't think anyone ever suggested that no newspaper ever sensationalised or mislead.

However I think it's safe to assume that the Daily Tele does it so often that it is hard to take it seriously.

But then again you are probably going to tell me that ACA and Today tonight are good news sources.

Rorix

HSC
The point is that all newspapers, including the commonly 'respected' SMH are all poor sources of information in general and that, furthermore, the poster who I quoted initially is an idiot because he/she identifies him/herself based on the newspaper which he/she reads or does not read.

But then again you are probably going to tell me that ACA and Today tonight are good news sources.
That's great dude.

Whenever I do read a newspaper, it's either the Telegraph (as purchased by my family who btw vote for the greens) or mX on the train. And I'm pretty sure that head-to-head I can present a more sophisticated understanding of a given world situation than you. I tender my posts as evidence. You mad?

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Today tonight is probably the worst source of 'news' on commercial television

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
So being better than TT automatically makes the SMH fantastic?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Rorix said:
The point is that all newspapers, including the commonly 'respected' SMH are all poor sources of information in general and that, furthermore, the poster who I quoted initially is an idiot because he/she identifies him/herself based on the newspaper which he/she reads or does not read.
I don't think anyone was disputing that. But in the continuum between craptastic to better than craptastic I'd rate the SMH as less craptastic than the Daily Tele.

Whenever I do read a newspaper, it's either the Telegraph (as purchased by my family who btw vote for the greens) or mX on the train. And I'm pretty sure that head-to-head I can present a more sophisticated understanding of a given world situation than you. I tender my posts as evidence. You mad?
You seem to be assuming a fair bit there. I have no idea where you pull the idea that you can best everyone on any issue.

Perhaps it is because you believe you have presented a revelatory super intelligent point (which no one seems to have disputed) that newspapers are not the best for unbias reporting.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

The sentence should not be cut. She's lied TOO many times, eg being pregnant :confused: wtf?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Aye if you're up for spending time on something worthwhile and informative, the newspaper is about the last place you should be looking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)