Corby's sentence cut by five years (1 Viewer)

Rorix

HSC
erawamai said:
I don't think anyone was disputing that. But in the continuum between craptastic to better than craptastic I'd rate the SMH as less craptastic than the Daily Tele.
So dude, why are you disputing the point? I was dissing the my_sharona dude or whatever his/her name is for identifying him/herself by the newspaper it reads, and you came in suggesting that the Telegraph is a shitty newspaper, which isn't even a relevant point, and now you're saying ALL NEWSPAPERS are crap. Well, if there is NO NEWSPAPER that is not "craptastic", then how is your post even a) making a point or b) anything worth mentioning??

You seem to be assuming a fair bit there. I have no idea where you pull the idea that you can best everyone on any issue.
Don't misquote me. I said I could best YOU on any issue. I've read your posts man. It's not something I'd mention given how many poor posters there are on the forum now, but you were trying to demonstrate your "higher" value to the posters on the board because I allegedly watched sensationalist current affair programs and you didn't.

You're just a member of the large part of the forum which derides, in no particular order, the Telegraph, Fox News, Miranda Devine and George Bush ignoring the fact that THEY THEMSELVES rarely if ever post anything worth, in my opinion, reading and think that people actually care about them making fun of <random object>.

In short, NOBODY CARES IF YOU THINK THE TELEGRAPH, A CURRENT AFFAIR OR TODAY TONIGHT ARE NEWSWORTHY PROGRAMS. IT IS NOT WORTH POSTING. GO OUT AND ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING.

</anti board rant>

Edit: Yes Slide Rule, that's what I'm saying. There's sometimes an exception with opinion pieces and it's not a deriding of the newspaper itself, since its purpose is not to give you an in-depth view of world events or even domestic events. Not many consumers really want to read the philosophical divide between two different taxation proposals.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I find Current Affairs shows amusing to watch... I don't watch them because I seriously worry that I need to save $1 a week on.. whatever. But rather it's just interesting to see the way they present things and the issues they think will attract viewers. Any of you guys study Frontline, or maybe watch MediaWatch? Certainly changes the perspective IMO.

HSC
Rorix said:
So dude, why are you disputing the point? I was dissing the my_sharona dude or whatever his/her name is for identifying him/herself by the newspaper it reads.
Grow up, people are allowed to have opinions.

Even i read that fucking article. I never tried to demonstrate my superior intellect or suggest that other newspapers are superior to the Daily Teleraph (although i do believe it to be true), nor did i try to associate people by which newspaper they read.

It was a passing comment, and i only said it because everyone who read that particular Telegraph article seems adamant that Corby's sentence should be reduced because the Bali mastermind got a lighter sentence. If they had continued following up on the issue or read more widely, they might not be so narrow minded.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
She should spend years locked with that Abu Bakar Bashir dude, that will make her think twice about smuggling drugs to Bali ;)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
seremify007 said:
I find Current Affairs shows amusing to watch... I don't watch them because I seriously worry that I need to save $1 a week on.. whatever. But rather it's just interesting to see the way they present things and the issues they think will attract viewers. Any of you guys study Frontline, or maybe watch MediaWatch? Certainly changes the perspective IMO.

Frontline = Freeking Funny :) yeah i'm studying it now...

malkin86

HSC
kadlil said:
The sentence should not be cut. She's lied TOO many times, eg being pregnant :confused: wtf?
She claimed that she was pregnant? I heard it was a slur on her that she was, not that she claimed she was.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
zahid said:
Dumb bitch .
hahaha go you.
she's plain stupid...she deserves the sentence.....just let it go. its stupid to go back to it. get over it....that that is directed to everyone who thinks that she is not justly treated and to the government who keeps doing crap about it.

stainmepink

HSC
um like hello. Mischelle Leslie is the new Corby. Get with the times people.

*edit: im sarcastic. really, who gives half a fuck about the both of them.

stainmepink

HSC
erawamai said:
I don't think anyone was disputing that. But in the continuum between craptastic to better than craptastic I'd rate the SMH as less craptastic than the Daily Tele.

You seem to be assuming a fair bit there. I have no idea where you pull the idea that you can best everyone on any issue.

Perhaps it is because you believe you have presented a revelatory super intelligent point (which no one seems to have disputed) that newspapers are not the best for unbias reporting.

GO for the ABC news. The real dirt on issues.

stainmepink

HSC
ArseFish said:
No fucking way. SBS is the only decent news on TV now.
Yeah SBS is also quite good for getting less biased material. I thought the ABC was unbiased? Anyone?

malkin86

HSC
gobaby said:
Yeah SBS is also quite good for getting less biased material. I thought the ABC was unbiased? Anyone?
ABC and SBS news aren't so much
unbiased as leftbiased, although I do think SBS suffers less from that, perhaps because of its scope. It just depends from whose perspective you're looking at the news from - I know someone who is right wing - they see 7, 9 and 10 as being unbiased ("fit to watch"), and ABC and SBS as being leftwing elitist propaganda ("boring leftie 'news'").

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
As a Right-winger I can say I see channel 7-9-10 as popularist crap, and abc / sbs as having a left wing bias but not resorting to popularist crap.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
To a large extent I agree though there are certainly right-wing aspects on both abc and sbs.

Kaiser Zero

Banned
HSC
This guilty slut should be shot to death. It was disgraceful enough she didn't get the death penalty first off.. but to reduce her already pathetic sentence.. fuck

P

pLuvia

malkin86 said:
She claimed that she was pregnant? I heard it was a slur on her that she was, not that she claimed she was.
well that's what I heard on the news

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)