Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

Would you take a coronavirus vaccine if it was available to you, and if so which would you prefer?

• No

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • Any vaccine

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • Pfizer

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • Astra Zeneca

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Already vaccinated with AZ

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Already vaccinated with Pfizer

Votes: 60 39.2%
  • Moderna

• Sputnik

• Janssen

• Novavax

• Total voters

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Schools in NSW to remain open til end of term.

Schools in VIC were meant to end term 1 by this week but they’ve brought the end of term date forward to Tuesday so technically not “closed” lol

Yesurhes

HSC
Schools in NSW to remain open til end of term.

Schools in VIC were meant to end term 1 by this week but they’ve brought the end of term date forward to Tuesday so technically not “closed” lol
Cam they still bring forward school in NSW? I though the premier was gonna decide in Monday

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Parents can still choose to keep their children home though at their own discretion.

But parents who still want to send their kids to school have that option available to them.

Potato Sticks

HSC
I suspect that we will see changes to this stance as the numbers rise exponentially.

However I have to admit that their desire to maintain students’ education even in such difficult times is very admirable.

enoilgam

HSC
I suspect that we will see changes to this stance as the numbers rise exponentially.

However I have to admit that their desire to maintain students’ education even in such difficult times is very admirable.
It has more to do with the economic impact I reckon. Closing schools basically causes a lot of problems for the workforce, because people need to stay home to look after their kids. Even worse, some parents will leave their kids with elderly relatives.

As devastating as this will be, I hope it will encourage future governments to do more to account for disasters. Current governments have been cutting vital services from many Departments in the pursuit of surpluses (which isnt a bad thing, but it shouldnt be the sole pursuit). The general public generally dont realise that most Departments operate under an "efficiency dividend", which means they have to show savings year on year. So effectively, those surpluses (not to mention projects like the Sydney Light Rail) are funded by cuts to things like healthcare, the RFS etc. Now we are really paying the price for this "cult of surplus".

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Keep in mind that the number of cases isn't necessarily the actual number of cases since lack of testing means lots of the cases will be undiagnosed
Australia apparently has one of the largest number of tests particularly on a per capita basis, only behind countries like South Korea.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Schools in NSW remain open. Parents are advised to keep children home tomorrow if they can.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
"Australian Olympic Committee says national team can’t be assembled for 2020 Tokyo Games; MyGov not targeted in cyber attack, just overwhelmed; government resolute that schools remain open; ‘non-essential’ services shut down. "

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Has your work sent you any update today?
Nope, carrying on as before working remotely and only coming into the office if absolutely necessary. Work is also supportive of helping us find alternate working arrangements if working from home isn't feasible/viable/effective.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Office announced mandatory working remotely except with explicit permission to come into the office. That being said without the free coffee and colleagues to interact with, my incentive to go in has definitely been reduced.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Office announced mandatory working remotely except with explicit permission to come into the office. That being said without the free coffee and colleagues to interact with, my incentive to go in has definitely been reduced.
How does one work from home for an extended period of time without going insane? haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)